Hey guys, i know this can be in the newbie forum, but um this is for an accent too, so i was wondering if anyone changes their oil on a regular basis themselves, or what would i miss out if i dont bring it to the oil people, like lubing something?
1. jack the front of the car up and place it on jack stands
2. Open the hood and remove the oil cap(to release any pressure)
3. Go under car and remove the oil drain plug
4. let oil drain into pan. Give it about 5 - 10 minutes to completely drain
5. Remove oil filter, making sure that the old O-Ring came off with it.
6. Install new oil filter making sure that it is snug
7. Replace drain plug
8. remove jack stands and lower car back on the ground.
9. Add new oil, checking to make sure you added enough
10. put the oil cap back and you are done
I usually put my car on ramps to change my oil, a lot safer (I also put jack stands on the frame) than using a jack. If I schedule things right, I take my car to the schools shop where there is a hoist and I can change my oil while sitting in a chair or standing up.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.