4G63 - Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Model Specific Forums > Accent/Excel/S-Coupe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

HyundaiPerformance.com is the premier Hyundai Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 05:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Default 4G63

I'm Planing on puting a 4g63t in my 97 accent, was wondering if anybody has seen or heard of this being done, i'm not new to motor swaps, just wondering if any body has any info that could be handy, well off to start.
ihatemecrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2004, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Gallery: 0
Send a message via AIM to AUTOBOT
Default Re: 4G63

Not being new to motor swaps and putting a 4g63T into a '97 accent is two different things. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING will have to be custom fabricated to make this happen. If you are looking for a 4g63t swap and you want a hyundai, I would suggest an older model Hyundai since they used to use Mitsubishi motors in most '95 and older models. If you want to use your '97 accent, then I suggest dropping a Beta from a 4cyl Tiburon/Elantra 1996 or newer then turboing it.

That being said, it can be done but never has in an X3 accent that I know of. However, it has been done in an LC Accent by Rigoli (sp) in Australia. This is a professional race shop with all the tools and resources to do the job and it took them several months to build their car. Doing this swap in your X3 should be similar.
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Model Specific Forums > Accent/Excel/S-Coupe