Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

f-ing rust???

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tugger5000 
#1 ·
Ok I was outside just looking at my car, and noticed some rust on the door pillar on the drivers side. Anyone else have this problem, I am going to the dealer and see if they will fix it, they did fix my bumper paint. Do you think that is under warranty?

Jennie :puzzled:

#2 ·
I have a super small speck of rust (paint is bubbled) on the inside of my door, but the warranty that covers against rust wont cover that unless the rust starts from inside out and has eaten away a hole in the metal. This what the dealer told me, and Im friends with the service manager of one of the Hyundai dealers here in Milwaukee.

#3 ·
Yeah, my X3 is starting to rust a little on the body right under the driver's door. :( It only looks like surface rust, so come warmer weather we're going to sand the crappy paint and rust from the area and use some good old rustoleum on it. The GT sideskirt will cover it right up. :) Now if I could only find the passenger side skirt, lol.

[Edited by DynastyAccent on Mar 24, 2006 5:39 PM]

#4 ·
Originally posted by Jennie
[body]
Ok I was outside just looking at my car, and noticed some rust on the door pillar on the drivers side. Anyone else have this problem, I am going to the dealer and see if they will fix it, they did fix my bumper paint. Do you think that is under warranty?

Jennie :puzzled:
[/body]
Yep it will be covered 100% by the rust and corrosion plan

#5 ·
Thanks for all your help, now I'm even more confused... lol. I guess I will just bring it down to the dealer and see what they say. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Its just a tiny bit of rust, but I'm paying out my a** for this car (yes for an Accent) and I'd rather not have any rust... lol..

Jennie ;):

#7 ·
Im telling you right now the car will not be covered under the warranty, the perforation warranty. It states from Hyundai that the rust first of all has to start from the inside out and there has to be a visible rust whole inorder for the dealer to warranty your car. Unfortunately you will most likely be like a boat w/o a paddle if you go to the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.