LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-21-2006, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Ravinaziankid
(Thread Starter)
Default P0300 Misfiring Code

Hi, I went to the dealer this weekend and had my CEL checked out, and after about 8hrs there and 400 dollars lost, I still have a CEL on. What they told me is that I have a Misfiring code(P0300) and they said I need to clean my fuel injectors, so I put some fuel injector cleaner in yesterday but is this the real problem? I did have a misfire a year ago, but the car runs pretty good now. I don't notice and loss in performance or any misfiring recently so why am I getting this code? Anyone with input will be helpful.

2002 Hyundai Accent GS 2.0L Beta
Beta II Engine/Transmission - 2.5 Catback Exhaust
GT Front
Eibach lowering Springs - KYB-GR2 Struts

2002 Hyundai Accent GL
Clear Corners,Halo HID 6k Kit,Custom Catback Exhaust, Pacemaker 4-1 Headers, Magnecor Wires,SR BBTB,Custom Mesh Grill,Racetech Strutbar,Shortram Intake/Cold Air Intake, 15" Rims with 195/50 Toyo Proxes 4, UR Underdrive pulley, Whiteline front and rear swaybars, Slotted Rotors, and K-Sport Coilovers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-21-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Re: P0300 Misfiring Code

when u flush ur injectors...they use a machine to flush out the rails and injectors. putting a bottle on injector cleaner in ur tank doesn't work as well as if u were to use the "motorvac" (or other types of flushing machinces.)

second...misfires could be

most popular to least.

Spark plugs,
spark plug wires
injectors clogged or not spraying right
coil pack.

also...the code could just be stored in the history...it might have misfired and the light was set... if the car runs good now...it just takes a certain amount of key cycles to clear it..

my check engine light has come on 3 times in the last 3 months...and i noticed the misfire when it came on. after a week or 2 of driving and starting the car and compter realizies that everything is fine...and clears it.

also comfired using a snap on scan tool

[Edited by xmoder on Aug 21, 2006 5:42 PM]
#3 Old 08-21-2006, 08:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to busy_squirrel

My Diagnostic Code Book says:
Powertrain Control System
2001-2003 Accent
P0300 - Random Misfire Detected

HOWEVER codes P0301-P0304 are Cylinder Misfire detected so most likely this is a problem in more than one cylinder.

For a rational approach to firearm safety, visit www.concealedcampus.org
#4 Old 08-21-2006, 11:32 PM

(Thread Starter)

The last time i got the misfire I replaced the coil packs and the car never misfired again, so maybe this is an old code stuck in the ECU, but when the dealer was trying to clear the code from my car, they were having trouble and even asked if I changed anything from the ECU. Hopefully it just goes away after a while so I dont have to see the light on anymore.

GT Front

2002 Hyundai Accent GL
Clear Corners,Halo HID 6k Kit,Custom Catback Exhaust, Pacemaker 4-1 Headers, Magnecor Wires,SR BBTB,Custom Mesh Grill,Racetech Strutbar,Shortram Intake/Cold Air Intake, 15" Rims with 195/50 Toyo Proxes 4, UR Underdrive pulley, Whiteline front and rear swaybars, Slotted Rotors, and K-Sport Coilovers.
#5 Old 08-22-2006, 09:31 AM

I was just getting this it was a faulty MAF try unplugging you MAF and see if the problem goes away. I could barely make my accent run I unplugged the MAF the car ran BEAUTIFUL it there another couple codes but the car was fully drivable... $311 for a MAF later no more CE

MC '07 Accent GS Midnight Gray - Stock But not for long
LC '01 Accent GSI Silver - Cosmo SRI, 4x114.3 Hub Conversion, KYB GR2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Shark Racing Stress Bar and DIY BBK - more to come
C52A '91 Mirage Cyborg White - 4G64DOHC N/A Lots of Mods
#6 Old 08-22-2006, 10:14 AM

I believe (please correct me if i'm wrong) that it is 5 sucessful starts and stops of your car without the malfunction and your code should go away. I do remember reading this either on here somewhere or in my shop manual. Also i highly suggest that evryone buys a code reader. Spend the 150 bucks and you'll save way MORE than that it shop rates.
#7 Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 AM

(Thread Starter)

I dont think its the MAF because my car is running great(knocks on wood), I'll see if it goes away after a week of them resetting and me putting in that cleaner. I really don't know what else can be wrong. They did mention my intake being a problem because its sucking too much air and i have a little small filter covering the tube thats supposed to run into the intake, but it sucks because I don't have my stock intake, so hopefully i get one.

GT Front

2002 Hyundai Accent GL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Model Specific Forums > Accent/Excel/S-Coupe