#2 Old 12-30-2008, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to J0eFr0

P1402 = Power Stage (DMTL Motor), according to hmaservice

DMTL = DIAGNOSIS MODULE-TANK LEAKAGE

Here is how to test it.

How about I straighten out my H... now will you take me seriously?
06 Hyundai Tiburon SE V6 6spd
Installed: DCSports Headers, DCSports Exhuast, AEM CAI, Slave cylinder mod. NGM Stg II Iced Sniper, Weapon R 18oz Oil Catch Can, Rear solid billet motor mount, Stg IV ClutchMasters 6 puck Sprung Clutch, 9lbs Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel.
#3 Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 PM

(Thread Starter)

excerpt from my cardomain:

-12/08

*CEL P1402, (P1403):

manufacture control-auxilliary emission control; diagnosis module-tank leakage motor DM-TL motor

hyundaiperformance.com/forums/accent-excel-s-coupe/82650-cel-p1402.html#post776209
hyundaiperformance.com/forums/accent-excel-s-coupe/68923-cel-codes-p1403-p1402
hmaservice-P1402-how to test

The DM-TL is located towards the back bumper behind the drivers side rear wheel
The car runs just fine, but I have problems pumping gas; it's as if is filling up to fast and shutting off the pump

-01/07/09

*Diagnostic Check at Jack Giambalvo Hyundai: $81.62

P1402: Diagnostic pump/tank leakage: motor
P1403: Diagnostic pump/tank leakage: valve
Connector plug to diagnostic pump corroded
Valve cover gasket leaking
Advised to replace timing belt

I told them the codes I found, what was wrong with it and what I wanted replaced but they said they had to diagnose it themselves in order to give me an estimate. I was hesitant because of how much an estimate normally costs. She said anywhere from $7-9. I questioned to make sure she said "$7-9" and not "$79" and she clarified "$7-9." $82.16 later they said they would be able fix it for an additional 286.17 + labor. Yea, at that point I'm doing it myself. They also wanted $60.66 + labor for the valve cover. I thought I'd give a dealership one more chance but once again they are out to screw you over.

I took the DM-TL, located underneath the rear bumper, off of my old hyundai accent and cleaned it up a bit. I have yet to test it and then hopefully it is sufficient to replace on my new accent if not i guess i'll resort to buying one:

-03/04/09

*I finally decided to fix the DM-TL while I had time back on spring break
*I found this helpful walkthrough link while looking for part numbers after having gone through the trouble of not knowing quite sure what i was doing: 2000 Hyundai Accent - FixYa
*Not knowing how the whole assembly was to come off in one piece I took of the DM-TL seperately and opened it up. The whole entire motor was corroded:

*After realizing why the part needed to be replaced I attempted to put the one from my old car onto the new car but in the process broke the fuel lines that travel from the DM-TL to the assembly. The rusted metal lines shattered

*Not knowing that they are not ment to budge I bolted the DM-TL back onto the assembly from the old car and bolted the whole assembley to the new car. The assembly consists of the DM-TL, the air filter, and its piping:

DT-ML: 31440-25500
Air Filter: 31453-25500
Air Pipe: 31454-25500

*After reattaching all the fuel lines to the assembly the car started up fine and the engine light went out. I have yet to diagnos it to be sure but i can pump gas as well without a filling problem now!

R.I.P. But Not Forever 2001 Hyundai Accent

http://www.cardomain.com/id/drasticstatic90
#4 Old 03-13-2009, 01:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to andy

did a quick search for you on identifix which is my shop's diagnostic software and found this for you.

2002 Hyundai Accent 1.6L, Vin C

Mileage: 71595

Customer Concern: Check engine light is on with codes P1402 and P1403.

Tests/Procedures: 1. Power and ground the pump motor to see if it will operate.

2. If it does not operate, replace control motor assembly.

Potential Causes: Pump motor

** Confirmed Fix **
New evap solenoid/control motor by the back bumper.

looks like you might have to replace that assembly as a whole if you can't just replace the motor. Also make sure you don't have any leaks or you will keep getting evap codes.

don't fret on the dealer issue, we mechanics have to make a living too. If the general public could all work on their cars then i'd be out of job. Dealer labor rates are higher than the average mom and pop shop. We charge 80 and hour at my shop most dealers are around 100. I would have charged you for a diagnostic charge to which in my case is 69.95 to come to the same conclusion I just told you. Thats how it works, we can only truly diagnose a problem when we put our hands on it. I applaud anyone who does work on their own car, that is how I got started in this business but don't expect the mechanics to take your word for it. The price they gave you for the valve cover gasket is a little steep as I usually charge 89 bucks for a 4 cylinder. timing belts on most hyundais I can do for around 400 bucks just for your future reference.

good luck with your fix

2000 gs- beat up dd(rear sway bar,kore exhaust, hve duct,beta front brakes, 14"elantra 5 spokes, hankook rs2s, cracked kore carbon hood, 1 kdm headlight)
1999 L- fsp terror (too many mods to list)
#5 Old 03-15-2009, 09:12 PM

(Thread Starter)

thanks andy ... everything seems to be working okay since i put the one off my old accent on ... must just have been the corrosion

R.I.P. But Not Forever 2001 Hyundai Accent

http://www.cardomain.com/id/drasticstatic90
#6 Old 03-17-2009, 12:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to andy

with as much corosion as you had in your motor i'm sure anything would work better. Hopefully everything will continue working fine for you. I hate working on evap systems.

2000 gs- beat up dd(rear sway bar,kore exhaust, hve duct,beta front brakes, 14"elantra 5 spokes, hankook rs2s, cracked kore carbon hood, 1 kdm headlight)
1999 L- fsp terror (too many mods to list)
#7 Old 09-07-2013, 10:18 PM

I don't know if im looking in the right place but im seeing that the DM-TL is around $450 is there some where I can get this a lot cheaper?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Model Specific Forums > Accent/Excel/S-Coupe