Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

04 accent 2.0L N/A Beast build questions.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  J Van Hook 
#1 ·
I want to put my 2.0L elantra motor that I built from the ground up for my 04 accent, how hard is the swap into an 04 accent I haven't heard of many doing it, I have built the motor already it has forged pistons stage 2 cams arp head studs lightweight flywheel and a bunch more, I have a set of stainless 4-2-1 extractors for the motor fiberglassed cold air intake msd ignition system haltech ecu, and a mega squirt fuel management system, I have fitted a return fuel line for the bullet fuel ail and have a set of 510cc Injectors a 70mm throttle body, I have a jet speed fiberglass body kit and carbon bonnet coming, I have lowered the car 1.5" and will soon fit coilovers front and rear hd sway bars and strut braces front and back, slotted and cross drilled rotors on the front and A bit more good stuff.
I need some help with the go on the motor swap will the engine mounts have to be changed, the motor is from an 2001 elantra,
Any help is much appreciated.

#2 ·
Go to the Hyundai Hybrids section, look up "my beta swap walkthrough" that I made back in 2005 or so. i went way past what most do for the swap and I am CA smog legal.

#3 ·
Sounds like you're doing it right.
I've seen a thread or two before several years back. I'll dig for a minute.

#4 · (Edited)
This thread somewhat applies with your project. Should be of good use. Try the google search feature at the top. Tons of information with just the keywords "swap 2.0".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.