LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to evillow
(Thread Starter)
Default Stroked

I was talking with a buddy and the subject of stroking a motor came up wich led me to think about stroking a 1.5L has anyone else thought of this or even attemted it i know the 2.0 crank has a 10mm long stroke and would also give me the option to upgrade my flywheel and clutch. i know if i was to do this i would have to have all journals cut larger on the block to accept the 2.0 crankbut then the question is what connection rods to i use. Im thinking id have to use the 2.0 rods but will the piston pin fit or would i have to have the piston drilled out to accept a 2.0 pin. also i do know that if this was done id have to have some head work done find a cam and bigger injectors im just trying to figure out if the bottom end is possible to stroke.

00 Hyundai accent GL 1.5L <--getting the beta swap
intrax 2" lowering springs
01 rd tiburon 2.0L beta head is port polished and valves reseated, and the intake was ported and polished all the way up the runners) i got polyurethane motor mounts and bushing kit, front and rear strut bars and the center bar, 2.0 adjustable cam sprocket, short shifter, high volume oil pump, and an intake spacer all put together. Just have to wire it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM

RPW in Australia made a stroker crank for the 1.5l alpha, but it stroked it to 1.7l. Last time I checked, they were no longer produced. Same with the performance camshafts - at least for the SOHC motors. I believe the popular racing classes limited displacement to 1750cc, so it was a good option for the Alpha motor.

There are more differences than similarities between the Beta and Alpha cranks, so that might be more work than benefit. Especially since the 2.0l Beta fits so easily in the Accent, and then mod the Beta from there.

1998 Accent Sport
#3 Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to evillow
(Thread Starter)

thats cool i never knew they made those i was just shooting in the dark. as for the 2.0l beta i am already working on that swap its almost done i just have to do the wiring but the car is sitting at my sisters house like 45 min from me and i live in an apartment complex so no chance of me towing it to me right now. i just wanted somethign to do with my other accent i have 2 00 accent. just wanted to do something special to the other one.

00 Hyundai accent GL 1.5L <--getting the beta swap
intrax 2" lowering springs
01 rd tiburon 2.0L beta head is port polished and valves reseated, and the intake was ported and polished all the way up the runners) i got polyurethane motor mounts and bushing kit, front and rear strut bars and the center bar, 2.0 adjustable cam sprocket, short shifter, high volume oil pump, and an intake spacer all put together. Just have to wire it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Model Specific Forums > Accent/Excel/S-Coupe