Hyundai Beta Engine
The G4GF (also called the 2.0 D) is the 2.0 L (1975 cc) version. It shares the larger 82 mm bore of the 1.8 but is stroked to 93.5 mm. Output is 135 hp (101 kW) at 6000 RPM with 132 ft.lbf (183 Nm) of torque at 4500 RPM. It has a cast iron engine block and aluminum DOHC cylinder heads. It uses MFI fuel injection, has 4 valves per cylinder and features forged steel connecting rods. The latest version of the 2.0 L Beta engine features CVVT variable valve timing, a first for Hyundai/Kia.
 Beta II
During 2001-2002, the new Beta II engine made its debut in models such as the XD Elantra and GK Tiburon. The following changes were noted.
* Redesigned block with external contouring of cylinder bores (ilo flat sides), extra ribbing & one extra transaxle fixing point (now 5)(less NVH)
* Crankshaft now has 8 counterweights ilo 4.(NVH)
* Cast & ribbed aluminium sump pan (ilo pressed steel sheet) with stronger joint to transaxle (NVH)
* Reshaped combustion chambers, ports & pistons (performance, [fuel] economy, emissions)
* 20mm longer intake rams, 8% smaller surge tank, resonator added, spark timing & valve lift optimized, lighter valve springs, denser conrod bearings, returnless fuel system (ilo return type) with higher fuel pressure & smaller injectors (torque spread & econ)
* Cylinder head machined to more precise tolerances
* Head gasket now 2-layer (ilo 3)
* Idle speed reduced to 700 rpm from 800 rpm (NVH)
* Hydraulic engine mounts (4) ilo rubber (NVH)
* Heat shield installed between engine & air filter, reducing heating of induction air (+2% output).
* New camcover with I-piece high-specific gravity polypropylene baffle (ilo 2-piece pp)
* Oil flow reduced (econ)
* Mechanical valve lash adjusters (solid lifters) replace hydraulic, improving valve clearance precision (durability).
* Lower valve spring load reduces valve train friction (perf).
* Engine cover installed (NVH & dress up engine bay)
* Catalytic converter now upstream adjoining exhaust manifold (ilo under car) (emissions)
* Other detail changes to: alternator, intake manifold brace, power steering & a/c pulleys, idle speed actuator, oil filler cap & drive plate between engine & torque converter
Useful??it's the spec's on the Beta II
2001 Hyundai Accent 2.0
Hardened motor mounts
3A racing fartcan muffler axleback exhaust.
Halo 8000K HID Kit
Clear corner black housing Headlights
Ebay $2 short shifter
Kspec front and rear strut bars
SPC Camber Bolts
Zenn Lowered Springs
Current oil used:Mobil 1 10W-30
Last edited by tak82v2; 01-18-2007 at 09:44 PM.