Santa Fe 2002 keyless entry remote replacement - Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Santa Fe 2002 keyless entry remote replacement

Hi All,
We have a 2002 Santa Fe. One keyless entry remote has failed and the other is on the way out (only works when it feels like it!). I've replaced the batteries in both units and it hasn't made any difference. I wonder if anyone could tell me if there are aftermarket units for our model available for purchase anywhere. The Hyundai replacement units are very expensive, so was hoping to source cheaper units somewhere.

We also have a problem with the airconditioner. The aircon works well when you first turn the vehicle on. Then after a while, we get very reduced, or no, airflow via the vents. You can hear the fan going (turned up full speed you can hear it going like mad in behind the dash), but no air comes out of the vents. The cabin becomes very 'airless'. If you turn off the aircon (ie when you stop the vehicle) for a while, most times when you turn it back on the aircon will work fine for a while. My husband ( who is a very experienced diesel tech/mechanic) has had the dash out, checked vents etc and all seems fine. He's at a loss as to what is causing the problem. We've had the system re-gassed and the auto-sparky who did the re-gas is also at a loss as to what is causing the problem. Any advice would be most gratefully received.
Many thanks.
Kerba190
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Regional Forums > Australia