Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

ECU tuning

24K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Gemma Putilin 
#1 ·
Hello all - new to the forum just wanted to let people know we are now able to modify the ECU program on most Hyundai models now for greater performance results are safe but impressive

#3 ·
Mate, not sure on this one age might be an issue, which would mean chip change ( not a big job ) but it all comes down to the ECU type, if you could have a look and tell me what type then we could go from there. any numbers you can find also very useful It should be a BOSCH remote chance it will be a Delphi there will also be a series on characters like EDC16+ or EDC15C7 etc. Email me at tuning@aptuning.com.au and we will go from there.

#7 ·
Hi

Yes these are flash tunes and I am afraid the gains on a 1.6 Getz are bugger all. Seriously I would not waste my money and I am the guy selling it.

Sorry i don't have a more positive answer and apologies for not responding earlier I must have missed the notification

Regards

#6 ·
Hi,

I have a 2001 Sonata EF-B (2.7l V6).

Recently I bought an OBD2 scanner, however when I plug it into the OBD socket under the dash, the scanner does not detect any OBD2 protocol and so does not work.

This leads me to believe that either the OBD2 is not 'installed' or it is not 'enabled'. Since the US version of my car does have OBD2, I am thinking that perhaps it is just not 'enabled'. Is this something that can be enabled by reprogramming the ECU?

Thanks,

P.S I have tried the scanner in another car and it works fine.

#8 ·
Interesting I doubt the plug would be there and OBD2 not installed but I will do some research but I suspect either

The scanner is simply not configured for your vehicle
or
There is a physical break/fault in the line

When was your last service or better is it due soon? IF so where do they plug in? does it work? I have not come across it on small vehicles but on some trucks an OBD port and OBD2 port exist, in that situation we can only use the OBD port which is odd.

Another idea, your ECU may have locked in that case try disconnecting you battery for a couple of hours this usually releases the ECU

Given you are in melbourne If you are keen you could pop around and I can plug in, if I can read then at least you know the plug is working, costs me nothing to look

#11 ·
Hi,

I tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours and then reconnecting however that did not work I am afraid.

I come that way on occasion (have relatives down there) so next time I am due I will PM you and organise a time (if you're free). Thanks for the offer too, appreciate it.

Thanks,

#15 ·
I have an 05 elantra 2.0 auto its stock but the cat went bad I had to space the the lower bank o2 to pass smog im going to punch the cat soon and then I want to get a custom tune to account for that so I get my mpg back.do you know a chip or online tune that will help. I know about tuning and what it dose but don't have the stuff for that or the know how don't want to crash my ecu. any help would be awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.