User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-17-2008, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default P0441

Just a heads up. I was getting this code for evap purge control valve. I read on here that the valve should be closed until voltage is applied I checked it by blowing through it and it was not totally closed so I filled up both ends with alcohol shook the hell out of it, dumped the alcohol and repeated this 3-4 times then I put a couple of drops of air tool oil in each end and shook it around. tried blowing through it again and could not. reinstalled it erased codes and cel has been off for over a week now. my loco dealer wanted $106.00 cndn plus tax for the valve so it was definitely worth the 30 mins it took. Hope this can help someone out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 AM

Default P0441 - replace or fix Purge Control valve?

I have just started getting this code as well. Went to my local mechanic who checked and cleared the code, only to have the check engine light re-appear a little later. I've googled this a lot and it appears to be a simple fix of the purge control valve, so I'd like to try fixing it myself. I am not a car guy by any stretch, but I don't mind getting dirty and trying to do it myself with a good guide. Where can I find one? I read on another forum that you can buy/download one for around $10, but I lost where that was - does anyone know?

It's a 98 Elantra with 113k miles on it and already put a lot of $$ into it this year to try to keep it going for awhile, so I'd really like to do this myself.

Any other tips/advice?

Thanks
#3 Old 08-20-2008, 05:40 PM

dude I got the same code, I replaced the canister(closevlave) gas cap the whole works, Its the only thing left is a vacumn leak in the return line.( the one from the canister to the purge control in the front that goes into the fuel rail. Id get some leak smoke and see where it's leaking.I bet you it's near the gas tank.

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Model Specific Forums > Elantra