Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 11-11-2004, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Don't you hate it when...

... People say one thing and then do another and you call them on it and they try to say it's your fault so they can save face?

I mean seriously. You're not rude or derogatory and you tell them about what they did and then they say it doesn't apply cause they are doing it. And that you're the cause of something being bad because you pointed it out.

I think that shows a total lack of integrity. But I don't guess that matters if you don't think having it is important...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 11-11-2004, 10:35 PM

Re: Don't you hate it when...

You don't know when to quit do you?

What you did was hijack a thread. The topic of thread was about the next president and the election results. Someone mentions that they don't like the president because of his religious views and you post completely off-topic about fairness about topics being locked when it has been clearly explained that religion and race are taboo on these forums. Politics are judgement calls, but being this was an election year, they were allowed as long as they were civil.

Driving in Ohio blows.
post #3 of 61 Old 11-11-2004, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Tugger5000,

Sorry, but I think you're the one making the inference to some other thread here. I've dealt with a lot of people who can't seem to handle being called out when they are showing a lack of integrity. NOT just here...

This flame is about people in General. Not anyone specific. I thought that's what this particular forum was for. If I'm wrong, then let me know. If you have had a similar experience in General then I welcome your input on how you handled it. Or just vent. But please don't think that this is a flame against HPF particularly...

Sorry if it came across that way. I can understand why it did, but this particular time it's not the case.

post #4 of 61 Old 11-11-2004, 11:51 PM

You're right, I was referencing another thread.

IMO, it is too much of a coincidence that the thread was locked and several hours later you posted your flame. You are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that it wasn't in reference to that thread. Apology isn't necessary... passive-agressiveness isn't really effective on the internet.

Driving in Ohio blows.
post #5 of 61 Old 11-12-2004, 12:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jed118

Heh u want a good example of that and/or a good laugh? GO down about 3 posts from this one. THis is called thread hijacking, and it happens due to aggravation and testosterone flowing into a topic. The results are usually intense, yet entertaining. The final result is someone getting banned or demoted, or worse, someone taking stuff posted in a flame forum to heart. Be careful here. Some people can't take it when it gets too real, and lock the post or become banished. Don't let this be you. It happened to me, (a few times) and it is happening to eric.

This site is FAR from democratic. It's about favouritism and popularity. It took me a while to understand that, and I know it's not fair, but heh, just deal with it I guess...

1987 Hyundai Stellar CXL 4G63

-Front Fog lamps
-6K HID Kit
-1988 Firebird spoiler
-Monte Carlo SS tip
-Ford EXP 15x6 alloys all around
-Sony Xplod deck

My other cars are Hyundai Ponys! 1987 (4G16 "Saturn" 4spd), 1986 (4G14 5spd), 1984 (4G63 5spd)
post #6 of 61 Old 11-12-2004, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tugger5000[body]You're right, I was referencing another thread.

IMO, it is too much of a coincidence that the thread was locked and several hours later you posted your flame. You are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that it wasn't in reference to that thread. Apology isn't necessary... passive-agressiveness isn't really effective on the internet.[/body]
Not coincidence. The thread in question is part of "people in general". But it was just one of many incidences in recent days that led me to start this flame. Not the reason or the only reason. Just one of many.

As far as the passive aggressive comment... It was more of a "politically correct" thing for me to do. Not passive aggressive. If I disagree with you, you know it. I would think that would be painfully obvious to anyone who has seen me get locked.

I have an opinion and I express it. I try to be civil about it. But tend to lay on the sarcasm when illustrating the absurdity of the hypocrisy and therefore lack of integrity that this popularity contest we call life can have.

The real sad part is that you can't disagree with someone without being called "narrowminded" or "insensitive". Which is pure bunk. We are individuals. If you have an opinion, great. But don't expect other to agree with you anytime you share it.

As far as HPF, I know this applies to me here. Especially with my "god thread". But I didn't expect anyone to agree with me. (And can handle, on my own, having to back up what I post intellectually with those who take interest and ignore the immaturity of the ones who are just that, immature.)I put it out there for examination and debate. Just like any other topic here. And it was treated differently than any other topic here. Not with the same objectivity that is given everything else. I don't care if I was talking about underwater basketweaving, if you tell me I can't do it and that it applies to everyone then you should apply it to everyone that you say it applies, but not because I say so, but because you (the person who sets the rules) said so. If you purposefully discriminate against me, I am gonna call you on it.

Will it change anything. Probably not. Will it get me locked or banned, probably so eventually. But people will know by the actions of all parties showed during the dispute what kind of people those involved are. Do they have integrity. Are they really fair. Or are they just anti-(insert term of choice here).

I have never attacked anyone here. I've called them out on their actions, though. I've tried to show integrity and trustworthiness. Not everybody does. And you're right that is part of me having to "get past myself". But being truthful and having integrity should always be more honorable than being a liar and a hypocrite. And any person with a since of self worth doesn't accept that behavior in any person in their own life for very long because they know what kind of person demonstrates that behavior. And it has nothing to do with religion or politics.

It's easy when you're popular and everyone agrees with you to stand up for what you believe in, but when you are attacked and the popularity is gone if you don't stand for the same things you're no more reliable than the weather or the promise of tomorrow.

When you're popular you have confidence, courage and steadfastness. When you're not it's arrogance, stubborness and narrow-mindedness.

Right now I think some folks here would put me in the latter category... So be it.
post #7 of 61 Old 11-12-2004, 08:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to MechaniX_034

Quote:
Originally posted by Jed118
[body]
Heh u want a good example of that and/or a good laugh? GO down about 3 posts from this one. THis is called thread hijacking, and it happens due to aggravation and testosterone flowing into a topic. The results are usually intense, yet entertaining. The final result is someone getting banned or demoted, or worse, someone taking stuff posted in a flame forum to heart. Be careful here. Some people can't take it when it gets too real, and lock the post or become banished. Don't let this be you. It happened to me, (a few times) and it is happening to eric.

This site is FAR from democratic. It's about favouritism and popularity. It took me a while to understand that, and I know it's not fair, but heh, just deal with it I guess...

[/body]
Now you know why i just do my job help out and shut up. :lol:

"The racing car is not a mechanical exercise, it is not an art object. The racing car is simply a tool for the racing driver."~Carrol Smith(1932 - 2003)
post #8 of 61 Old 11-12-2004, 08:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to beppomarx

Quote:
Originally posted by MechaniX_034
[body]
Now you know why i just do my job help out and shut up. :lol:
[/body]
amen. you dont know HOW MANY posts i wanted to chime in and inform people (mods, admins, citizens, doesnt matter) how ignorant they sound and/or immature they are acting. but i just refrained from hitting post and saved my 5 minutes. and if i had that 5 minutes would have turned into 20 or more minutes of worthless petty arguing. agreed the flame section is to get stuff of your chest no matter what it is. but it is soon and undoubtedly going to be picked apart by someone who may not have your same opinion and then the ping-pong battle begins. pretty sad really but just keep in mind this is a hyundai forum and for what it was intended for, gathering help and information about your car. true we try and break into personal aspects when the need arises but there IMO there are a lot better avenues to pursue when seeking personal advise/comfort.

i mean, most around here are gearheads and not experts on counceling or relationships/emotions etc. dont take whats said to heart, get on with your life.

reminiscing of my LC...

Quote:
Originally posted by solo-baric
[body]
Excellence in all we do. hopefully i pissed him off some more and that would be excellent.
[/body]
post #9 of 61 Old 11-12-2004, 03:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jed118

Yeah but soemtimes its' fun! Come on now, am I the only one amused by my own antics? :

1987 Hyundai Stellar CXL 4G63

-Front Fog lamps
-6K HID Kit
-1988 Firebird spoiler
-Monte Carlo SS tip
-Ford EXP 15x6 alloys all around
-Sony Xplod deck

My other cars are Hyundai Ponys! 1987 (4G16 "Saturn" 4spd), 1986 (4G14 5spd), 1984 (4G63 5spd)
post #10 of 61 Old 11-12-2004, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jed118
[body]
Yeah but soemtimes its' fun! Come on now, am I the only one amused by my own antics? :
[/body]
I find your antics highly amusing...8D

Driving in Ohio blows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Off-Topic Forums > Flame