Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Comes on when it feels like it..

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • Nope no light.. YET...

Votes: 62 43.7%

Who's got a CEL???

17K views 35 replies 28 participants last post by  OrvilleMub 
#1 ·
Just wanted to do a poll and see how many of us on the boards have that pesky light on... Lets hear it....

#2 · (Edited)
No cel from me!!!

to be completely fair, you should take into account the user(s) that do not have an option. I think I may have entered incorrect data, and your findings may be flawed.

#3 ·
Wow Jed, you're just better than everyone. :rolleyes:

I'm proud of my CEL. Plus it lights up a nice color so it's fun to look at :D

#21 ·
Thats normally a misfire code!! You should get that scanned!! LOL!!

As for mine...its off for the time being...but it was on shortly before I voted!! LOL!! Shes all better now one of my spark plug wires went out and was causing her to misfire!! Which is not fun when its doing it on a major freeway and doesnt like to get up to speed for like 10 minutes LOL!!:rolleyes:

#5 · (Edited)
^^^ :rolleyes: (liz)

because I don't have a pesky, permanently burned ROM ECU that does not respond to ANY mods?

I guess I am then.

#6 ·
um, my ECU responds to mods. LMAO

Its not pesky. I like it. Actually when the battery resets and the light goes away, I miss it.

#8 ·
I love my CEL, provides me with interior lighting since my interior is completly striped out. NO CAT
Hell yeah to global warming! Soon as the ocean will rise to my front yard like it used to be a few million years ago. I will sell my property as beach front and be rich. I will get a CAT someday.

#9 ·
187sks said:
I voted that it comes on when it feels like it although that's not entirely correct. If the Accent is cold and I romp on it (I know, bad form) it will bog down and the CEL will flash when I shift to second. Other than that, no CEL.
i was told that cykinder missfire.... who knows. if u do it 3 times then it stays on.

#32 ·
my 96 exel has a permanent missfire but still no CEL, whats with that? maybe it been on that many times that it burned out the bulb..... hahahaha:confused:

#10 ·
ya i always have a cel on too with my accent gt, and im sure once my 'sleeper' accent is finished, it also will have permenant cel....lol

#11 ·
Gotta love that light :) i've had it in both my accents... and today my trucks airbag light came on for a bit.. made me miss the accent a little bit...

#20 ·
Well, im my car, not only do i have a CEL light with (4 faults, runs fine!) i also have the airbag light on too. So there. Booya. I win.
CEL is on probably due the the exhaust from the flex pipe back not connected ...
Air bag light was on ... removed the bulb.
my car thinks the hatch is always open, so THERE!! BOOYA BACK DUDE!

#13 ·
Only orange light I have that indicates an abnormal engine (burning activity) can be resolved by pushing this back into it's normal resting place:

After that is done, cumbustion resumes it's stoichiometric values, and the little orange light dims from the dash.

:D

#14 ·
I have a CEL light on all the time...wished it can go away since my car is stock now...but it feels weird when it's not there from resetting the battery.

#16 ·
had my first emissions test this year, and now I need it every year (because I live in a ****ty county, if I lived 200 yards to the west I wouldn't have them as often.) So, I need to keep the light off, they just plug it in, they don't put it on the rollers anymore. But, when I had my CAI installed it would come on for a few miles and turn off, and then backfire the next day when I start up.

#17 · (Edited)
My light is always on. (4) O2 sensor codes...

P0131 - O2 sensor circuit low voltage, Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0135 - O2 heater circuit, Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0138 - O2 sensor circuit high voltage, Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Usually low voltage code)
P0141 - O2 heater circuit, Bank 1 Sensor 2

The CEL has been on for at least 2+ years now. I am working to resolve this issue, however the problem seems to evade me. Maybe I just need authentic Mobis / Hyundai O2 sensors instead of the premium Bosch sensors I have been running.

#19 ·
always on. actually with all my mods, four of the lights are on even though there are no problems. i like it. sometimes i talk to it. i say things like " you ...... little ... .... light. why the .... won't you ....... go away and leave me with a little ....... peace from your ...... little shining ...... self." my cel is my best friend. never yells at me, never talks back, good listener, and is always there when i turn on the car.:eek:

#26 ·
Most recent light: both banks too rich after upgrading the injectors in my Tib. Fixed that, cleared the codes, all good now. :D

#27 ·
no light on for me, surprising since my elantra is a mish mash of parts, 4g63 engine, 4g61 tranny flywheel clutch and axles, oh and ecu and wiring, 4g63 injectors, random bosh o2 sensors that were at work and my boss owes me money so why not install them and 1.8 throttle body that jed had lying around. i think that covers it but i know im missing things

#28 ·
mine is on because of the o2 sensor.....havent got around to changing it....but everytime i do a reset it clears and i miss the cel....i talk to it...its a good listener

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.