Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

2000 Elantra Acting Up P0722 Pulse Generator B

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Margarette Evans 
#1 ·
I posted this in the Newbie section. I thought I'd post it here to make sure it gets seen. I need a bit of advice about my car. I really don't want to have to buy a new one, but it seems mine just keeps having problems (for the last year and a half). See below please...

About 6 months ago, I had to have the dealership replace the catalytic converter/cracked manifold. I have a 2000 Hyundai Elantra, and this was covered due to a sort of recall (wasn't a recall, but the dealer took care of it).

Now, I'm having trouble with a pulse generator B (the code at auto zone showed P0722 and a misfire P0300 - uncertain if the codes are related)? The other day, the car shook really hard for a few minutes after I started it, then it stopped. I was able to drive it, but unable to afford taking it to the dealer just yet. A day or so later, it shook again and then the CEL came on. The CEL stayed on for about a day, and then went back off. The car isn't running perfectly, but it's smooth for the most part. So the car is sort of acting like nothing happened and that nothing is wrong (wishful thinking on my part I'm sure).

What am I looking at in cost? Can I drive it for awhile before I take it in to get it fixed (I need to save up the money, etc)? Is this a common problem? Does the fact that it was raining have anything to do with what happened (though I've driven in the rain since then and nothing happened)?

I feel like my car is starting to fall apart. It only has 119,000 miles on it. I shouldn't be having all of these problems until at least 200,000 miles, IMHO. Very frustrated.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.