Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Pulse Generator B and Misfire (P0722 and P0300)

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Margarette Evans 
#1 ·
About 6 months ago, I had to have the dealership replace the catalytic converter/cracked manifold. I have a 2000 Hyundai Elantra, and this was covered due to a sort of recall (wasn't a recall, but the dealer took care of it.

Now, I'm having trouble with a pulse generator B. The other day, the car shook really hard for a few minutes, then it stopped. I was able to drive it, but unable to afford taking it to the dealer just yet. A day or so later, it shook again and then the CEL came on. The CEL stayed on for about a day, and then went back off. The car isn't running perfectly, but it's smooth for the most part.

What am I looking at in cost? Can I drive it for awhile before I take it in to get it fixed (I need to save up the money, etc)? Is this a common problem. I feel like my car is starting to fall apart. It only has 119,000 miles on it. I shouldn't be having all of these problems until at least 200,000 miles. Very disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.