Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Tiburon Alarm System
for everyone's information, I've gotten a little further since my initial post. I read that to program the keyless remote control, all you have to do is:
1. turn the engine off
2. if the light by the steering wheel is not lit, go to step 4, otherwise
3. if the light is lit, turn the key to the on position (no need to turn the engine over) and flick the switch. Now turn the key to the off position and the light should now be unlit (fyi, when the light is lit, it means that the car is in "valet" mode - basically the alarm is off)
4. turn the key to the on position (no need to turn the engine over)
5. and flick the switch. you will hear some beeps. count them.
6. once you hear 13 beeps, stop flicking the alarm switch, and hold down on the button "I" on the remote control. Your button "I" is now programmed.
7. turn the key to the off position
8. do steps 4 to 7 again, but on step 6 you have to hear 14 beeps and then you press button "II" on the control. Now button II is programmed
9. do steps 4 to 7 again, but on step 6 you have to hear 15 beeps and then press button I and II at the same time. this sets up both buttons so that you can alarm your car by holding them down (what this does is "silent arm". that is, you won't hear the horn honk)
I'm just stuck on something else. I notice that when I set the alarm (ie. when I press the "I" key), the red light (on the side of the steering wheel column) flashes, which is great. this means that the alarm is set. *BUT*, if I open a door, the alarm doens't go off. It's as if the alarm is useless when set.
Another problem is when I press button "I", the doors don't lock/unlock! and I know that I have power locks. The guy who sold me the car told me that it used to lock the doors.
Any info would be much appreciated, guys.