Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Coil On Plug BETA 1 or 2 Mod

11K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rob Highfill 
#1 · (Edited)
In another post I stated that a coil on plug mod for the beta 1 or beta 2 was in the works. I have finished and now have a running coil on plug setup. This does not use an external stand alone ignition module and is a plug and play modification.

For this I used 4 Delphi 17484- 05168914 ignition coils for 1999-2004 Chrysler 3.2l - 3.5l v6.
These are two wire coils wired up in waste spark configuration. To get sequential ignition a stand alone ignition module or aftermarket engine management system would have to be used. At first when wiring the loom I did not install a condenser/capacitor to the 12V rail feeding the coils. This resulted in poor throttle response and high RPM loss of power/stuttering. To get the proper power to the coils 2 ignition capcitors were spliced in to the 12V rail (one was not enough.)

Throttle response has greatly increased and power has increased across the upper rpm range.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.