Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

power mods for 2007 santa fe

14K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TheyCallMeDave 
#1 ·
i have a 2007 santa fe..v-6. i was wondering if there are any performance chips...cold air intakes, and exhuast avalible for this model......i wanna try and get the most power out of this thing as possible.

LMK if anyone else has any of these mods and what the gains were.

#2 ·
07 Sante Fe Mods

I got a little bang out of a K&N drop in filter

I am told that removing the intake resonators opens it up a little more, will try tomorrow.

Also plan to try a free-flow cat and muffler. No one makes a chip. Not much else you can do.

Synthetic oil might add a trifle.

Weight removal also helps - leave the spare and tools at home and don't haul a lot of stuff in the back

Any other ideas, please LMK

#5 ·
^^ no doubt looking for a sale

I got a little bang out of a K&N drop in filter
el butt dyno isn't very accurate. although a K&N cone filter will help, a OEM replacement won't do anything. air restriction difference is virtually nothing and offers no added surface area for air intake. cone filter and proper cold air intake will help however.

I am told that removing the intake resonators opens it up a little more, will try tomorrow.
those resonators are designed not to impact air flow and do that rather well.

Also plan to try a free-flow cat and muffler. No one makes a chip. Not much else you can do.
free flow cat and muffler will help, but gains will be much better getting a full cat back system installed. many of the restrictions are the bends in the pipe. as for the cat, gains there are small since modern cats aren't too bad for backpressure. also, emissions can sometimes be a concern if you have to get your car tested every now and then.

gains from chips are pretty small without doing other mods first. the chip should be to support mods and tune the engine to better use them - changing the ECU to provide better power usually yields minimal results. rationale: if there were major gains, why wouldn't hyundai do that from factory? doesn't make sense.

Synthetic oil might add a trifle.
wish it did. in the crankcase there are no noticeable gains, but it IS better for the engine. noticeable gains can be had from using synthetic in a manual gearbox however.

Weight removal also helps - leave the spare and tools at home and don't haul a lot of stuff in the back
yes weight reduction is always a help, just not much. it already has a hefty weight so removing items is a drop in the bucket.

Any other ideas, please LMK
- cold air intake, replace the entire intake up to the TB. if you want to go cheap, you can always use ABS drain pipe. PVC is a no go, the chlorine can cause engine damage over time.

- exhaust. best bang for the buck is a proper cat back with mandrel bends.

- a header would help if you can find one, but beware of the emissions thing again. some headers require removal of the o2 sensor. not too familiar with under the hood of a santa claus though. toss removal of sensor in the maybe pile.

- if you have steel wheels, lighter alloy wheels are an expensive but nice little upgrade. weight reduction on rotating mass does far more than stationary mass.

- how handy are you with making things? look up individual throttle bodies. fun stuff.

- head porting for the more adventurous.

- upgraded cams if you can find them.

- for the best gains, turbo or supercharger all the way. it'll cost you but will yield best results.

#8 ·
i would never do a turbo setup in a DD unless i have a backup car to drive daily. **** happens, sometimes things don't go as planned. hell thats a norm! also getting the tuning right can be a total ass. you don't want to be driving around in a poorly tuned turbo vehicle daily and not have the time to fix it.

#9 ·
Cant help you with performance mods, but, if you find your cold engine idle RPM's are up around a silly 2,000 when first started, theres a trick to get it idling lower without any problems. I did it to my 2002 SantaFe V-6 and now she idles at 1100 rpms when first started and drops to 800 rpms when fully warmed up . I did it because i used to live in northern illinois and didnt like the engine immediately racing at 2,000 rpms when it was minus 20 F.--- cant be good with the oil being thick upon startup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.