Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Stiffening Questions

4K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  bduran1220 
#1 ·
(2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS Sedan)

Ok so I live in a place where it snows 6 to 7 months out of the year. My Elantra is going to be my daily driver for probably over 10 years I would hope. Now I was thinking about getting some coilovers to help lower it and make it a bit stiffer. Is this really a good idea for driving through snow? I mean I'm getting snow tires and all that but I still feel like it's a bit risky.

What if I was to keep my stock struts and keep the same ride height but I add braces to stiffen the body.

So my idea was to get strut bars for the front, back(I know I don't need it lol) and a center bar as well. Also are there any good under body braces you know of to help make my car stiff?

I can only do so much without having coilovers. To add to my list, a sway bar and any other components that don't involve replacing the oem struts.

Let me know if you have any ideas and if you agree or disagree. If you have some links of good braces, sway bars, and a center bar let me know.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.