Hyundai accent. How reliable are these things? - Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-01-2019, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hyundai accent. How reliable are these things?

I have a 2008 model, 5 speed manual transmission. Odometer is 116,000 KILOMETRES. I've driven this thing over 40k since I bought it 2 years ago. I've had to replace the brakes, ball joints, bearings and sway bar which all wore out surprisingly early (previous owner fucked up?). I drive with the CEL on but it's just a emissions code. I don't think anything is wrong with the performance.

I'm asking because I was thinking of getting a new car sooner or later. However if this car can last, I would keep it. I mainly bought it for the low insurance. Can this little thing be relied on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-21-2019, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlanser View Post
I have a 2008 model, 5 speed manual transmission. Odometer is 116,000 KILOMETRES. I've driven this thing over 40k since I bought it 2 years ago. I've had to replace the brakes, ball joints, bearings and sway bar which all wore out surprisingly early (previous owner fucked up?). I drive with the CEL on but it's just a emissions code. I don't think anything is wrong with the performance.
I'm asking because I was thinking of getting a new car sooner or later. However if this car can last, I would keep it. I mainly bought it for the low insurance. Can this little thing be relied on?
I have a 2009 accent gls with 288,000 kilometers. The car still drives in mint condition and has a lot of performance life left, I’d definitely recommend and tune up and belt change. But as long as you’re taking care of it, and don’t mind put extra up keep in to it, it’s a very very reliable car. I still take it on road trips every month.
If you have the extra money, maybe keep it and buy a car too, as it’s a fun car to beef up and let it show you what it can really do in the track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Model Specific Forums > Accent/Excel/S-Coupe