LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 09-28-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
help on 1.6 hyundai getz/ click

hi all,

1 ) i'm running on td04 with 2 550cc extra injectors. now running on 0.5 bar boost pushing out 195 hp on crank. 165 on whel. it is a g4ed engine. wanna ask if anyone knows the limit? someone ever did 220hp. stock NA engine only pushing out 110hp

2 ) can i lower my compression by adding a thicker head gasket? wad material is adviced to use to custom make. my mechanic told me the distance between my pistons are too near. might lear if i use thicker gasket. is it true? cause i feel that my mechanic doesnt wanna do for me as it is very troublesome. hmmm.

help help help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 09-29-2008, 10:31 PM

if you are serious about it replace the crankshaft entirely that has longer crank arm throws. or increase the diameter of the cylinders.. hope this helps
post #3 of 37 Old 09-30-2008, 01:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to japakos
toss away those stupid extra injectors. It will give you problems with the motor eventually.

Accent LC - RIP
Beta 1 - 2.0 DOHC Turbo - GT3076R .82 a/r turbocharger ,Wiseco pistons, pauter rods, port and polished head /w valve job, +1mm ferrea valves, ferrea springs and ferrea titanium retainers, 60mm sfr tb, 9:1 compression, custom headers, 3" exhaust, no cat. , 1.8cam, unorthodox crank pulley, megasquirt pnp ecu , huge custom fmic, 750cc custom injectors, 475hp @ 23psi - R.I.P.

Hyundai atos MX - 4efte transplant , stock engine @ 14,7 psi , 178hp

post #4 of 37 Old 09-30-2008, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
extra injectors gives probs? like wad probs. i did that cos many have done it and there are no probs. hope u can help with some info. : )
post #5 of 37 Old 09-30-2008, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishmoney View Post
if you are serious about it replace the crankshaft entirely that has longer crank arm throws. or increase the diameter of the cylinders.. hope this helps
but i wanna go a more affordable way. so my question is whether if it's recommended to change to thicker gasket. will it leak? cos i cant get low comp pistons for my car.
post #6 of 37 Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to accent2003gt
thicker head gasket is possible, i aint sure wat motor is in the getz... 1.6 dohc? they make a 3 mm spacer to drop compression to 8.5:1.

or you could get better pistons, talk to Arias Pistons. they are hooking me uo wiht a custom set on the cheap for my next build after i finish this mild build up. all you gotta do is contact them, and send them a stock piston and they will get back to you and hook ya up.

screw those secondary injectors, just dish out the cash and get larger primary injectors from RC or something, less of a tuning nightmare....

.040 block, p&p head, custom forged pistons 8.5:1 , garrett t3/t4 57 trim coming soon, head and block still at machinist, rods coming in soon (screw you ups)
post #7 of 37 Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 AM

There's a guy on Hyundai Aftermarket with a Beta swapped Getz thats doing boost. Hes the only one in the world. He might be able to point you in the right direction, as to whats needed.
post #8 of 37 Old 10-03-2008, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
thanks for al the replies. anyways, there are few of them using other model pistons to fit into a getz engine. it lowers the compression. anyone knows wad model? could it be mirage? or pr0ton wira???
post #9 of 37 Old 10-12-2008, 07:16 PM

I guess I'd be the guy with a beta swap in the Getz Visionz is talking about, but i don't think i can be of much help, sice i have i 2 litre beta1 in mine, and that's an easy engine to do a turbo upgrade on, but i think these guy's could be of some help to you, they're doing turbo upgrades on stock getz engines

::SFR:: Seoulfulracing Online Store/Community
you might also get some ideas on GetzGarage.com

1+1

Last edited by Chuby; 10-12-2008 at 07:19 PM.
post #10 of 37 Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
both cant be of help eh. anymore help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > Technical Forums > Forced Induction and Nitrous Discussion