surging problem Hyundai 2016 SR Accent - Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-09-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
surging problem Hyundai 2016 SR Accent

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, my new car surges at constant speed of 50klm, dealer says nothing wrong with it, Hyundai says nothing wrong with it. Ultra annoying,
Can anyone help me please

Last edited by carolyn; 07-13-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-17-2018, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
my18 accent GDI 1.6 surging

Are you still having this issue? Did you get it repaired?
I have a new MY18 1.6 accent that is surging to. I am unable to maintain a constant speed.
Itís either accelerating or decelerating. I cannot get small throttle increments
post #3 of 10 Old 03-17-2018, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
surging

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypov8 View Post
I have a new MY18 1.6 accent that is surging to. I am unable to maintain a constant speed.
Itís either accelerating or decelerating. I cannot get small throttle increments
No its not repaired, I do have some new information please email me, goggle surging accent sr 2016, yep that's me, on the other Hyundai forum page (not the performance one) is my email address someone on the posts, please contact me.thanks carolyn

IT IS A SOFTWARE UPDATE THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE, BUT THE SOFTWARE UPDATE IS NOT AVAILABLE

I HAVE FOUND A FEW OTHERS WITH THIS PROBLEM, 2016,2017 AND 2018 MODELS AND THEY ALL DO IT, AND WE ARE ALL BEING TOLD ITS NORMAL

WELL IT ISNT NORMAL TO HAVE A CAR LIKE THIS

post #4 of 10 Old 03-17-2018, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
surging

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypov8 View Post

So my surging is at 50klm, which unfortunately is our speed limit in Australia.

What speed does your car do it.

Seems like the car cant make up its mind whether to go from 3rd to 4th gear, or 4th to 5th gear, the surge feeling is like a bunny hop, if you can imagine driving along and take your foot off and on the accelerator this is the surge I get all the time. With my foot not even moving. If you look on the other Hyundai Forum you will see greater detail of what I have been told, But after getting my car put on a Dyno and getting a decent mechanical report which clearly says NO HUMAN ERROR it blows Hyundai Bumpy Road excuse right out into the Ocean !!! Have not given this to Customer Care yet, waiting on some paperwork from them. Stearlership (love that word) did 2 warranty claims when my car was not at the dealership, yet Hyundai has told me they have amended the warranties and put them correctly into their system. Why on earth would you amend warranty claims that are now nearly one year old. Something does not add up. I should have been given a replacement right at the beginning in August 2016 when I first notified the dealer of this problem. I want a refund now, too much has happened, too much stuffing me around, and now the software hasn't even been created My car is parked in the carport has done 5,800 klms in 19 months !!! I don't feel safe in this car any longer. As they say in Oz, NOT HAPPY JAN
post #5 of 10 Old 03-17-2018, 10:28 PM

hyundai accent sport 2017 MY18 flatspot surging issue

Thanks for the update

If this is a software issue then all the owners will have this symptom.
Itís a shame that they deny it. This car is a good entry level into the brand. My last few cars have been Toyota.
Yes it is true that some drivers will not notice it because of there driving style but the rest will just call the brand s#&^ and never buy one again.

To me the car cannot have small throttle increments. Its either ON or OFF (accelerating or decelerating)
On my car (MY18) it does it at most speeds. I am in Australia to and know how you feel with the 50km everywhere. The slower you go the more the issue is noticeable because a car can accelerate faster.
The issue is not related to the gearbox because I have tried to manually shift the gears.

Thatís strange they claimed to have fixes some warranty issues but you did not even go to them. Sounds like something shifty going on.
I just had my first service, 140km, and the next service sticker says 7,500km or 6 months
Not sure if this is normal practice or just them trying to get extra business.
A bad dealer(Stearlership) can easily spoil a brand. A happy customer will always come back.

I wish you could return it but the Australian lemon laws are useless for cars.
Reminds me of the ďI brought a JEEPĒ video.
I am mostly happy with my purchase, besides this issue and the dealer trying some of there pre recorded lines 
post #6 of 10 Old 03-18-2018, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok ive sent you some emails, having trouble resizing my videos, But yes my car does exactly the same noise as your videos, that weird even does it when the key is not in the ignition, only the bonnet is up and the drivers door is open.
Yep Lemon Laws need to be in Australia. And also more control needs to be given to Fair Trading and the ACCC. Google ACCC-Hyundai you will see there is a new agreement just put into place February 8th. But still I cant get any answers. Ive asked a trillion times whether this software update is available, but getting no response. Total b...s....t If I can help you avoid what I have gone through it would give absolute great pleasure.
Manual shifting, yeah that was I was told to do, I don't even know how to do this, nor do I want to, I brought a car D=Drive.
I cant get into the other Hyundai Forum but I two posts there, one is Lemon SR Accent, and the other is Surging SR Accent, think that's what I called them, the surging post has everything pretty much on there.
As for comment above about the 7,500 or 6 months service. NO THIS IS FOR DIESEL OR TURBO only. I had another lady with the same car as mine and hers didn't start doing this surging until 30,000 klm!!!! She was told that because she didn't have those services done her warranty was null and void, so I checked it out for her, and I do have it in writing from Hyundai to say no we don't need these ones done. Double check on that for your car please.

Rotten to the core all around, Ive been told; that I drive with my foot on the accelerator and the brake at the same time, I drive on bumpy roads, when I hit a bump my body veers to the left thus causing my right foot to come off the accelerator and this causes the surge, to cruise control at all times (look in your handbook pages 42,44 and 45 Warning do not use cruise control in city or varying speed traffic), My god there has just so many excuses not to fix my car. Been to NCAT case dismissed because I didn't have the written report, Yep that's been thrown in my face and very very nastily at me. Crap all round, the last dealership has on their invoice that they checked my car against 2 new cars in their car yard lot and they did the same thing, so my car was normal

Not Normal,, Not Right, and I will be like the every ready battery, I will keep on going on ha ha.

Gone too far to back out now, and why should I. These cars should not be sold in Australia. And when they see my latest report that I sent you, wont that blow them out of the water !!!!! NO HUMAN ERROR

I am 58 years old, been driving since I was 15, never had this problem, have worked in a dealership for 11 years, never have we done a warranty claim when the car has not been at the dealership. Yet Hyundai tell me that they have amended the warranties and put them correctly into their system. Why would you have to amend warranties for crying out loud. Actually the first one was done after I lodged with Fair Trading and the second was done after I lodged with NCAT. Why would I allow my car to go back to a dealership after lodging with these guys????? Beats me. Yep definitely something fishy here

If you can get onto the other Hyundai Forum and post what you have been through that would be great, mostly American customers on that site, but there is one rude aussie that left a nastyish comment, and I was going to delete them, but I've never lied about anything. So here is a valid point here, take note of any phone calls, comments emails etc etc etc. I have and it looks like I will need them aye. Keep in touch via email.
Thanks
Carolyn
post #7 of 10 Old 03-18-2018, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
oh I forgot to tell you this, my car when it at the dealership for 10 days, when the Hyundai rep came, drove my car 24klm and wrote the Bumpy Road report.
Well it came back stuff all over it. I washed it and it didn't come off, so I sent them pictures, the service manager wrote back and told me it was Mud.

Guess what, still there after 5 months, and now confirmed CEMENT

Also last time I washed the car (even though its parked and mostly covered in the carport, I do like to keep it dust and cobweb free ha ha) the paint? around the back window washed off.

I don't know how to post pictures on this site.
What a great car all round aye, I brought this car, my first spanking brand new car to last me, and even the paint can't stay on.
I also thought this would be a great little car for me to make trips to see my grandchildren, in Newcastle and in Bundaberg
but have I done these trips
NOPE

Also look on You Tube for my dodgy accelerator that no one gives a damn about either.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-18-2018, 07:39 AM

here is Carolyn's image of the paint peeling

That is not paint but Tape. You can get door frame tape from Hyundai.
Thanks to Ray for that information

That looks like a pressure washer got under the tape.
Maybe Hyundai tried to pressure wash of that cement?
post #9 of 10 Old 03-18-2018, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Oh Door frame tape, well why haven't they just told me that, will enquire about that today

No it wasn't a pressure washer, maybe because I have previously taken it through a car wash, ?????
Don't know just wanted it fixed.

Cement, is why I took it through the car wash, and no it didn't get that off. Do have a product to try, but it wont do the mag wheel.
Smash repairers told me I can take it there and get my car buffed and polished but if doesn't come off it will have to be resprayed.
and that they can not do anything about the mag wheel cement.

Pees me off that again I have to pay for their mistakes, and they don't responsibility.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-18-2018, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Also your private pm about contacting someone higher up the Customer Care.
I wrote to the CEO and the General Manager of Customer Experience and After Sales in November last year.
Did I get a response
NO

I did include lots of stuff, and I had included everything about my car photos, emails, etc, on a USB for each of these gentlemen. I know they got it because I sent it registered mail and the customer care person that deals with me, mentioned she had the USB

So why waste your time going higher when they don't even care. My letter was a formal complaint about the dealership I purchased from and the rep who wrote the bumpy road report.

Worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. And by reading other facebook, forums, product ratings from consumers it seems I am not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum > General Forums > Newbie Forum