Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 2 hour drive today in hot weather my passenger side carpet is pretty wet (No recent rain). I don’t see where it is coming from. Where can I look for a blocked condensate passage without having to disassemble the dash? Anyone else have this problem before?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2020 Venue that had a seriously saturated carpet on the passenger side that I noticed immmediatky after delivery. One dealership attributed it to a leaky door seal. Another attributed it to a leaky windshield. It still was wet and it is back at the dealership again. In the five months I’ve owned it it’s been at the dealership for over 4 months. It’s a “run-around” car for us, so no biggie, but still…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found my problem. I had to pull panels and carpet out to dry everything out. The condensate drain tube was blocked. When I pulled it off the A/C shroud about a pint of backed up water poured out. Probably had another couple of pints saturating the carpet and insulation. If they had used larger tubing with fewer bends I don’t think it would have been an issue. Not a happy owner right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts