1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
596 Posts
From the photos it looks like a "WRC grill" kit...
Or a dealer sold "talon" kit...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
that's a sweet kit, i wish an american distributor had some of these on hand so we can actually buy them instead of PSC just takng forever to ship them.

i would do anything to get those kits for my car!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the lip looks really nice on the accent, so nice in fact I must have one.

And the pick I got of the grill example was an advertisement for a body kit, but I know for a fact the kit does not come with the grill mod done in the pic.

I need to know where to get them because Ive never seen any car look so nice with just a lip and grill.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Wow its been a while since ive seen this picture. This is my car back when i was sponsored by shark racing back in 2002. WOW long time ago. The front bumper on my acr was a jetspeed and the grille is from Sick division they no longer make it. It fit in perfectly!! Same size as stock just with a different look. The kit on the car with the lip kit is a Talon kit.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thats some usefull info, never seen that talon kit being sold anywhere.
anyway the pic of your car is on evofusion in the add for the jettspeed kit.
ohh and I'm glad to meat another from CA :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
MetalShark said:
thats some usefull info, never seen that talon kit being sold anywhere.
anyway the pic of your car is on evofusion in the add for the jettspeed kit.
ohh and I'm glad to meat another from CA :D
thats was a long time ago when sharkracing sold kits...I have the full Sick Division Razors lip kit on my 01'LC got it from sharkracing i think in 03' or 04' it came with the grill...but like Tim said....they are outta business...

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
your car is one of the best LC's I've ever seen..^^^^

you got a perfect blend of go and show..

I think it'll look nice with the 07 accent Se 16inch alloy wheels.

what i hate about our accent's is that only ricey crappy body kit's are available for out cars..

·
Registered
307 Posts
thanks Tak! yea ive actually looked into the new Accent wheels but ppl r selling them 4 like 800$ way to much IMO...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I didn't like to many of the body kits but with a little modification to the grill areas and a lip kit I got the look I was after.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
so the verdict is that these grilles are impossible to buy now?

anyone who already has one maybe looking to sell. i tried making my own by cutting and bondo-ing the original but it just sucks...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I did the same thing but it came out great. You need to remove the 2 tabs that are under the piece you worked on the get it flat

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
don't those tabs hold the bumper on?

and did you use bondo? i had some lying around and it was really hard to fill those giant holes with it, and it's starting to crack at the seams. i was thinking of fibreglassing it?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
They help hold the bumper on but I have had no issues with it being removed (2 years now). I also have a hairline crack that appeared on one side and mine was fiberglassed(no bondo). To fix this next time I tear it off my car I will lay a full piece of fiberglass accross the entire piece to keep it from cracking.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
ereeves116 said:
so the verdict is that these grilles are impossible to buy now?

anyone who already has one maybe looking to sell. i tried making my own by cutting and bondo-ing the original but it just sucks...

that dose not look bad. at first I thought u put the bumps for some nice curves, but then I remembered the hooks under the grill.
that Verna sign is right in the perfect spot for the final touch.
personally I just riped off my grill and put mesh, but mine looks kinda naked.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
the Sick Division one was (is) held on with two springs that hook to the body. Stress held. Neat idea but it was a little unreliale.

Like that Verna idea. Ive been wanting to add my Verna logo to the grille on my ATH kit. Its got a big opening on the top grille.

Evo fusion is still using pics of my car to sell there kit. Without my permission might i add!!! I agreed to shark racing when they sponsored me but EVO (brad) never bothered asking, or giving me anything out of it.
I didnt expect everyone to get the old Shark Racing refrence. Thanks!! TORO shows how long youve been about...hhaah awesome DAMMIT I FEEL OLD!! (damn brad.....)

·
Registered
463 Posts
lip looks really nice... i'd keep the stock grille if you can... i think the girlles look nice!

where did you get it from.. also does anyone know where i can get a stock spoiler for a GSi from? I want one for my car...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Timlbcplayboy said:
the Sick Division one was (is) held on with two springs that hook to the body. Stress held. Neat idea but it was a little unreliale.

Like that Verna idea. Ive been wanting to add my Verna logo to the grille on my ATH kit. Its got a big opening on the top grille.

Evo fusion is still using pics of my car to sell there kit. Without my permission might i add!!! I agreed to shark racing when they sponsored me but EVO (brad) never bothered asking, or giving me anything out of it.
I didnt expect everyone to get the old Shark Racing refrence. Thanks!! TORO shows how long youve been about...hhaah awesome DAMMIT I FEEL OLD!! (damn brad.....)
haha ur right Tim...didnt realize how long ive been modding my accent till this thread... im only 22 but ive been modding my accent since i was 17... thats a decent amount of time to spend on 1 car..

haha speaking of sharkracing...u kno it took me 3 months to get my kit from them...haha went to korea to austrilia back to korea...then to Texas??? them back to me, and it got stuck in customs:D haha but its all good sharkracing is a good company and they cam threw when i need them for a few things...

sry Lukyn, im buying the safc for a friend and im waiting to hear back from him if he wants it or not cause he keeps changing his mind... if you have someone else lined up just go head and sell it...if u still have it when he decides ill let u kno... didnt mean to leave u hanging bro, u kno what they say...."dont shoot the messenger!"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts