5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some pics of what I've done to my Evil Accent:

Cold Air Intake:

Grille Mesh:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looks good so far, your intake although is not a cold air intake, its a warm air intake. A cold air intake would take air from lower perhaps from the fender, not the warm air from inside the engine bay.

Something in the near future you should try is the clear corners mod, it makes the headlights look cleaner without the orange reflector.

Good luck with your accent and welcome to HP

·
Registered
132 Posts
yahh same thing he said. i've got the same car too. def do the clear corners, they make the front end look sooo much better. if you're looking for stuff to start out on get headers and exhaust too. also, some short shifters are cheap. you can get one for a tib on ebay for a penny. good luck

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i like the erector set you used to hold up the intake hahaha

i used zip ties to hold it to my strut bar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh heh... Yeah, it's Erector set. I'm working on an aluminum support bracket, but I'm not really into Monster Garage Fabrication and stuff, so it's taking a while ;)

*Sway bars: Who sells one for the '00 Accent? I haven't seen anywhere yet, and again, not very into the Metal-shop thing... any links?

*Clear corners: saw the "free" mod in the forum, where you break up and remove the yellow part. Kinda risky... but does that work on the taillights too, or do you have to buy a whole new set of lenses?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Danath256 said:
Looks good so far, your intake although is not a cold air intake, its a warm air intake. A cold air intake would take air from lower perhaps from the fender, not the warm air from inside the engine bay.

Something in the near future you should try is the clear corners mod, it makes the headlights look cleaner without the orange reflector.

Good luck with your accent and welcome to HP
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to get it down towards the cooler air (just behind the front bumper?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts