Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on in a few years due to totalling my excel. But my mom's got an 01 accent with the DOHC engine (1.5?). There was a 3" long hose going from the valve cover to the intake. I noticed the other day when I was changing her air filter, this hose was left on the rad. support. In its place, there is about a foot long hose that is fastened to the end of the intake manifold with some epoxy. It looks like it was there all along, but you can tell they added it because the intake has a vacuum cap over where the short hose was.

This was definately done at the dealer, and they mentioned something to her about a recall, but she doesn't remember what.

Is there any reason for this recall?

Thanks.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I don't exactly remember because it was a few years ago and my car didn't go in for that but they fixed it when it was in for something else. I think it was something to do with really good weather like Canada winters or something and it causeing problems with either starting or when the car was running cold.

Like I said I think it was something like that I am pretty sure it was nothing that applied to me but they did it any way. Someone else please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
if its what I think it is.. the throttle body would stay frozen open because there is no heated coolant going to the TB to keep it from freezing open.. so your throttle would stay open even if you let off the gas. That might be it... or not.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Jan 30, 2006 10:23 AM]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts