Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on papers the max is sopposed to run a low 14 i think? the r hasn't been ran yet. going next week to run it at the tracks.

current mods:

AEM FUEL RAIL
AEM ADJUSTABLE CAMS
INJEN CAI
DC SPORTS HEADERS
DC SOPRTS CATBACK
SARD FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

mods to do:

stage 2 cams
bigger intake mani
BDL 70mm throttle body
Brian Crower dual valve springs
p/p head
450cc injectors
hondata or apexi super fc fuel management
11.5 pistons
forged rods
possible nitrious???

planning to run a 11 sec n/a R.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How many miles you trap at the end?

Two things are happening:

1. You need more time to know better the car
2. The car need a tune ASAP

To check if everything is fine take it to a dyno, it should be around 190whp right now. I think that something is wrong with that car. :confused:

For the Wheel Hop a good kit of Motor Mounts and a Torque Damper will help you a lot in reducing that axle/trans breaker problem. ;)

I manage to do [email protected], 2.33s 60ft with stock tires, CAI, DCRH, Pulley Kit and exhaust open in my SI. With a good tire setup I'm sure that I can shave a few more tenths to the low 14's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those maximas are pretty damned heavy...poor engineering at its best, really. I think they are like upwards of 3600lbs, but I guess that is comparable for 6cyl. sedans these days. Not cool if you ask me. Tear out the back seat, ac compressor, and any other unnecessary items anyone?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lilo Shark said:
trap speed of 96mph but there was a gas leak by the fuel pressure regulator too. we found that out at the end of the night. but it doesnt matter cause it's getting a full rebuild.
Let us know what is the outcome after the full rebuild, I know that you can do low 14's with that little screamer. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts