Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been searching google and - for the forum hardcores - I've searched this forum and found nothing of worth for me. I'm wondering about finding a turbo system for my 2002 Hyundai Accent GS 1.6L
Shark Racing had a system, but it seems they pulled it. I've email'd them and am waiting for a response.
Does anyone have a reputable source for a turbo meant for an Accent? I would really like a solid fit, since I will not be doing the install and would like to keep it easy for the shop guys. I am definitly willing to pay for a reputable name and dealer, and I do want to avoid eBay at all cost.

I'm looking at a 2 to 3 year build, starting this year with basic upgrades like rad hose, motor mounts, sport clutch, short shifter, coilovers, etc. Next year is most likely the major stuff - intercooler, wiring, etc. and either year 2 or 3 (depending on business) will be the full turbo kit. But, if needed, I'll buy the turbo this year, and let it sit until everything else is installed and ready.

Thanks guys for any help,

Craig McKee
unrealitymagic.ca

·
Registered
232 Posts
ya I make a turbo kit for the 1.6 well not the entire kit but I make the manifolds for a tdo5 ,14b or any other turbo you want I am just finishing one up this week and another one is going into produstion next week. I am starting off a small business so I am not reputable but I think im one of the only persons who makes manifolds for the 1.6 the manifold is the start of the whole turbo kit so private message me and ill give you more info if your interested let me know.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i can get custom built complete turbo kits ready for bolt on. It depends on how much you wanna spend

·
Registered
232 Posts
ya aI can also make the whole kit but I have to bolt it on because I dont have exact specks for each individuall car a whole kit will run you about 1500$ and the manifold by itself will run you 300$..some kits are going for 2500$ or even over 3000$ and that is just way to much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
go to kdmstuff.com they have a turbo kit for the 1.6 on there and it is much better and cheeper then the one that was on sharkracing!!! i believe the kit is in the tib section

·
Registered
32 Posts
kdmstuff.com sends you strait to SFR, and thier kits start at $3000. I think this is a little too much, I am trying to find a bolt on kit as well. My obstacle for building my own kit is with fuel management. Also, when I put in my numbers and review compressor maps, I get totally different turbo's than the ones offered by SFR, makes me less sure of myself.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The turbo kits sold on kdmstuf and shark will NOT work on US spec cars. The ecus are too different types that they pulled the kit or even the option of having a tuned kit for US customers. You can buy their hardware and find someone to tune t but thats the easiest itll get.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, I am all up for you guys putting together a kit for me for 1500. Same car, 2002 1.6L gs. I plan on letting the muffler shop rout all my IC piping, as well as sticking with the smallest IC possible for 8-10 PSI

·
Registered
621 Posts
ya aI can also make the whole kit but I have to bolt it on because I dont have exact specks for each individuall car a whole kit will run you about 1500$ and the manifold by itself will run you 300$..some kits are going for 2500$ or even over 3000$ and that is just way to much.
what hardware mate?
have any specs for the $1500 kits ?
what about ECU ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts