Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Hyundai owners. :D

Sorry to post such a basic question, but I didn't see what I was looking for while searching the forums, so I figured I would register and post up a (very basic) question to see what I could hear back.

Buddy at work wants to throw $50 my way to have me replace pads and rotors on the front of his 02 GLS. Now, I'm a 9yr DSM owner, so I'm practically a certified mechanic, but I'm curious if anyone here might have any suggestions for me before I offer to get involved in some sight-unseen drama.

I imagine it's your typical brake job - a couple bolts on the caliper, pull the rotor, compress the piston, reverse the steps to install, bleed if necessary. No problem.

I am more concerned I'll find out that the front brakes on an 02 Elantra are a nightmare and I'll spend all day fighting with them. Anyone here friendly enough to confirm or deny my fears? Offer any suggestions?

Appreciate it.

Kudos to those who do their own work. 8D

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
'02 Elantra should be easy. The rotors just slide on, so there's no need to remove any part of the hub and no need to mess with the bearings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! Thank you for you help. Appreciate it. ;):

1 - 3 of 3 Posts