Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok get this...

My wifes car is having a weird issue with its heater. The car warms up as normal (engine temp wise).. and along with that, the heat (interior) gets warm also. Now this is great n all, but it only blows hot air when the car is in motion, as you pull up to a stop light or whatever, it starts blowing cold air. As you start to move again, it starts blowing hot air.

She also says if she turns the car off (like to run into a store or something) and comes back out again and starts the car.. the heat will then continue to blow hot air at all times.

Car doesnt over heat with the heat off, so its not a thermostat issue (I dont think).. the heat works.. so I dont think its a core problem. The controls all seem to work as far as opening the vents, fresh air/recirc, hot n cold dial...

Anybody have an idea on whats going on before I drag this car down to the dealership?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine started to do this, just this winter. I have bought a new Thermostat, but I'm just waiting on some hoses because I have a coolant leak on one of them before I flush the coolant, replace the hose and thermostat, then re-fill the coolant.

Now my Ford Probe did the same thing one winter, I replaced the Thermostat and it worked. The thermostat can get stuck in an open posistion too, the only way you get overheating is if the thermostat gets stuck closed.

***Edit, mine does this without AC turned on. Happens when sitting at a light and doesn't matter if it's on Fresh or Recir. It also hasn't mattered if I'd been driving for 15 mins or 1 hour.

[Edited by JayMan on Dec 9, 2005 8:46 AM]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No AC on, doesnt matter what setting the dial is at.. meaning up, up and down, down, up and defrost.

Kinda weird.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thermostat is probably stuck open....Try replacing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts