Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an 02 Hyundai Accent that shakes if i go over 65 mph,

anyone know a solution to this problem?

thanks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You may need an alignment, new tires, or various suspension related issues. I would bet an alignment.

But also, please bear in mind that you are driving an inexpensive car and that it is going to shake no matter what at higher speeds regardless, it ain't a Lexus.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
engine troubles technically don't cause a vibration unless it's a mechinical issue, but what you're talking about sounds like it could be several reason

mostly it's wheel vibration of the inbalance of the wheel,

or it could be improperly torqued lug nuts, cupped tires,

best thing to do for starter is get a wheel balance done..

·
Registered
464 Posts
The last time I had high speed vibration, a 9" long strip of tread was missing from one of my tires. It was God's grace that prevented the tire blowing out. Get new tires, and make sure they do a ROAD FORCE BALANCE, and see if you still have vibration.

·
Registered
492 Posts
tires or a wheel balance or both

·
Registered
100 Posts
my car does the exact same thing and has done several times before. the problem is cheap tires. when i replace them they ride fine for about 6 months then they vibrate from 85+. couple months later its 75+ then65+.....
-check your tires for knots in the tread (thats whats causing my problem)
-if your riding on stock 13's your tire options are limited but if you have bigger wheels then buy a good tire thats rated above 85mph

-note your problem could be different than mine.
1. check your tires to see if they have knots or the tread is seperating(thats happened to me too). do this by lying on the ground and feeling the tread then roll the car a couple of feet and feel again. do this until you've been all the way around the tires.
2. if that checks good get your wheels balanced
3. if that dont help you have a suspension problem! check for secure connections on all susension components, sway bar, strut mounts, ball joints..etc

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also consider
- if your car shakes only while the engine is under a load then you may have broken a motor or tranny mount

1 - 8 of 8 Posts