Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :)

Just received a 02 Hyundai accent and was wonder about power mods. any info would be great, thanks for your time
Richard.

·
Registered
621 Posts
cool, welcome.

It's all dependent on what $$ you want to spend and what direction you want to go.

If you are after serious power & speed the option of a turbo conversion is the way to go.
if you just want to get a little more poke out of your motor, but still have decent drivability i'd look at sticking with the basics.

decent air filter
mild exahust system with extractors
ECU remap
enlarged throttle body.

wont get you much, but enough to notice a difference.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
the ECU remap is a more promising upgrade..and also raise's the redline..wich gives your more rpm's to play with

so factory redline goe's from 6500RPM to 7200 RPM..

horsepower and torque will
increase by a certain percent..

they range about $300-400..but better power than I/H/E alone..

·
Registered
398 Posts
I went and looked at the little video demo they have. It was cute. had the air rushing by opposing fans.(or whatever those are.) cute.

·
Registered
464 Posts
First you should set yourself a goal, like "I only want to spend 300 bucks total" or "I want my car to run 13's in the 1/4 mile" or even "I want 250 HP" Some simple mods would be an intake and exhaust. You could turbo/supercharge or an engine swap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all I'm going to put in a cold air induction to start with. I could could only find 1 company that makes them for a accent, they are called ss induction and cost $200 Australian dollars. Would this make any difference?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
richardmyst said:
Thanks all I'm going to put in a cold air induction to start with. I could could only find 1 company that makes them for a accent, they are called ss induction and cost $200 Australian dollars. Would this make any difference?
no matter how great the intake looks like, it won't yield much power..only bout 1 or 2 extra horsepower..

a remapped ecu would be a better idea..

·
Registered
183 Posts
xflip14 said:
accents generally get better HP increases with SRIs instead of CAIs
I don't understand why everyone says this. where are the dynos? prove it!

I do run a SRI and i get MAD heatsoke during the summer really bad even compared to the stock box air intake. There is virually no air flow up where my intake sits. It would just make sense that running a longer pipe down do where there is much more air flow would allow cooler air into your engine allowing for better combustion.

Sorry this is off topic I just get frustrated when i hear this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just ordered a cold air induction kit from SS. Next is a set of extractors any one know the best size, length to go for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks ASperilla, but im after some mild power increase. Just fitted ss cold air induction k&n air filter, next will be a set of custom headers. $490 AU DAM what a lot of scratch. Its a lot to spend on a hyundai when this is my weekender

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hyper Auto Club :: Index
Join us my fellow Aussie...

$490 for headers?!?!?!
What are they gold?!?!?

What brand?
RPW? (about 650 for header and cat)
Pacemaker? (just header is about 400)
Wildcat? (just header is 300)

I have the ss cai and K&N as well, good kit...

Cheers
scythe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts