Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the O2 Sensor on a 2001 Accent GS?

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, i ran out of gas yesterday, lol shhh... but I did the mileage calculations:

40L 551km

7.27 km/100L
32.56MPG US Gallon
38.88MPH Imperial Gallon!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
drtygurl said:
Where is the O2 Sensor on a 2001 Accent GS?

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, i ran out of gas yesterday, lol shhh... but I did the mileage calculations:

40L 551km

7.27 km/100L
32.56MPG US Gallon
38.88MPH Imperial Gallon!!!
now i own a 98 accent so i cant tell you personal experience but they are on the exhaust pipe one should be before the first cat converter but after the exhaust manifold (so if you open your hood look at tyhe front of your engine you will see the exhaust manifold a few inches after that you will see a stick looking thing sticking out of the exhaust pipe with a wire atached this is your first o2 sensor) then you should have one in between the two cats ( so this one jack up the vehicle crawl underneath find the first cat and the second cat the second o2 sensor will be between the two and it will look exactly the same as the first one) there should only be two but if there are more than you would also have one after the second cat but could not imagine why

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't know why there would be 2 cats unless you had a v4 motor with 2 exhaust pipes. But the o2 sensor locations are right where you said they are 1 before cat 1 after

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
im confused about the v4.....

·
Registered
734 Posts
thiers no such thing as a v4, thiers v6's v8's v10's and v12's. The engine is an inline 4 or straight 4 or just 4 cylinder, he's a little confused.

·
Registered
737 Posts
v4 motors exist as well as a v3 that honda built as a 2 stroke watercooled motorcycle engine

it just designates the motor being positioned in a v

not much different than a flat 4 but with the cylinder banks at a higher degree angle.
just think vtwin with 2 more cylinders.

these are mostly common in motorcycles, so yes, they do exist

some accents that were california emmisons vehicles did come with 2 converters.

On most accents you have the first oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold before the cat and the second o2 is underneath in the intermediate pipe after the converter. This one tends to rust itself in pretty bad because it is more exposed to the elements. So soak it down with penetrating oil and hope to god it breaks loose.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
A 02 sensor socket can be a very smart idea to purchase. This will make it a little easier to free up.

They look like a normal socket except have a grove cut in them for the wire to stick out. Then just reef on it with a breaker bar and your golden.

Knock 'er Loose (not kidding) is a GREAT penitrating oil. I know they have it in the states, but not sure about up there in the great north. lol.

·
Registered
332 Posts
my x3 1.5l has or i should say had 2 cats but when i installed my custom made header the first cat had to be removed and the down pipe coming off the header had to get welded to the pipe in front of the second cat and i had to weld a bung after the second cat so i will have an up and down stream o2 sensor my header has been installed in this fashion for about 2 1/2 years now and no MIL lamp and i am even running stock o2 sensors with alittle over 118k miles on the odometer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts