Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the standard Shift knob in my 03 accent with a momo knob. While driving my friends civic I noticed that His shifter didn't require much effort to put into gear, I later realized this was a short shifter.. How can I make my accent into a short shifter, I realized simply changing the shift knob does nothing.. LOL :D

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
TWM Performance makes a short shifter. I have one and love it.

B&M does too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i got my b&m shifter off of ebay and i dont think it was that much. get one and do the slave cylinder mod if you havent already and you will notice a huge difference in your shift times. it makes a huge difference!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was trying to look for that B&M short shifter off ebay but I couldn't find it, and I tried looking into that Slave Cylinder mod but couldn't fully understand what it is and what it does, how much it usually is and if it's easy to install.

·
Registered
51 Posts
search for a tiburon short shifter on ebay. you can find them for 10 bucks and they go up from there. search this forum for the slave cylinder mod. basicly you are just taking the spring out of your slave cylinder. this spring eases the clutches closed to make shifting easier for smoother driving. well when you remove the spring the clutches close faster so you get shorter time between gears. what i did for my LC is i went to autozone and got a rebuild kit for my slave. then i gutted the slave and put the new piston in with out the spring and put on the new boot. its that simple. any other questions just ask.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah that one should work. it looks just like the one i got for mine. its no problem bud. thats what we are here for. if you have any other questions just gimme a shout.

·
Registered
51 Posts
LOL I just realized your pic isn't a cat's face, it's the head of ur car O_O
Thx again
LMAO yeah it was sitting in my buddies driveway one night with the key turned on so we cound listen to the radio and i thought it looked kinda cool! so i grabbed my digital camera and took a pic of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LMAO yeah it was sitting in my buddies driveway one night with the key turned on so we cound listen to the radio and i thought it looked kinda cool! so i grabbed my digital camera and took a pic of it.
Ey bro I couldnt find a DIY Slave cylinder mod link for the accent, I found one for the tiburon and it makes no sense to me, any ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts