Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum as I just bought an 03 Eleantra GLS with 27000 miles. It seems like it is in pretty great shape.
I Garaged the Yukon XL due to exessively high gas prices and bought this car for gas milage and the relatively low milage on the car.
What I am looking for is basically information for any Hyundai owner regarding this car and what to look for, do, change etc.
The warranty was up due to the age so I purchaced an extended 3/36, I figured it was good insurance.
Anyway enough from me, so if you have any good/bad/ helpful etc news, let it flow, Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am guessing that by no responses to this forum that no Elantra owners really like their cars, or have any ideas or other help:confused:

·
Registered
237 Posts
The elantra is a very reliable car. Keep up on the regular maintenance and have the Timing belt changed at 60k and the tranny flushed and fluid replace with Hyundai fluids only. All others will cause trans failures guaranteed. Other than that enjoy it for what it is. if your looking to mod the car I suggest you check out ElantraXD.com also there is a wealth of information there about ourt cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your response, I have always been a stickler on maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts