Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the forums and have a quite a few questions about my tib i just bought. I went to replace the spark plugs and i noticed i had to remove the intake manifold. at least im pretty sure i do. and it kinda hit me that the car may not be very tuner friendly. but i have a few questions about the car. First off i noticed the gear ratios are very very close together and i was wandering what the car maxes out at? also has anyone ever change the gears up in the car so that there not so short? how strong are the internals on this car? planning on boosting the car in the future and looking to learn more about my car. i live in texas and it gets very hot here and considering my car is black with black leather my car can get very hot. and i notice the plastic trim thats around the ac controls and radio like the paint or whatever thats appiled pretty much scraps away. i could literally scrap off the color stuff with my finger nail? has anyone else had this problem? all info is greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
I went to replace the spark plugs and i noticed i had to remove the intake manifold. at least im pretty sure i do.
Yes, you have to remove the upper intake manifold to access the rear 3 plugs.

and it kinda hit me that the car may not be very tuner friendly.
There is some support but not a ton.

First off i noticed the gear ratios are very very close together and i was wandering what the car maxes out at? also has anyone ever change the gears up in the car so that there not so short? how strong are the internals on this car? planning on boosting the car in the future and looking to learn more about my car.
What do you mean my "maxes out"? Top speed? In stock form the Tib is drag limited to approx 135-136 mph.

also has anyone ever change the gears up in the car so that there not so short?
Not that I'm aware of. Try asking at NewTiburon.com

how strong are the internals on this car? planning on boosting the car in the future and looking to learn more about my car.
The delta is a good motor but it's not super strong. You can boost it slightly but I wouldn't go too high on the stock internals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts