Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a AEM CAI im getting headers and borla catback exhaust. at that from what ive researched i should be at 210 +/- 10hp. now if i were to add a piggy back fuel management system how much would that help. say the APEXi super S-AFC 2 fuel management? Im running 2003 tiburon 2.7 v6

·
Registered
256 Posts
you might be pushing 190 bhp with those mods just because an exhaust will net you 7 hp and a cai 14 dosen't mean when you put them both on that you will get 21 hp out of it. and as far as your fuel tuner if you just play with the buttons and look at what other people have done with their cars then you will see no improvement because you aren't accually looking at the fuel mixture that the engine is recieving take it to a dyno and have a good tuner work on it for an hour and you might see another 5-8 hp

·
Registered
687 Posts
I agree...

With a fuel management system, you can mess with the fuel but you won't really make noticable gains with it (i.e. 3+ hp), especially when you are fairly new at tuning. The more air/fuel you need, like a supercharger/turbocharger the more useful the SAFC will be.

Howie~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts