Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Looking at getting an I4 tib, and thinking of putting a V6 into it. Since the same body comes with both engines, is it a straight bolt up? Or are there a few other things that I'm not aware of?

I'm coming from the Honda world, so I have a decent idea of how to do those kinds of swaps, just new to hyundai.

I've searched, but haven't found any info on this in particular.

Main reason I wouldn't want to go turbo is that this will eventually be a track car, and turbos aren't the best for track applications.

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It can be done but it's seriously not worth it for any reason.

You need to rewire a lot of the wiring harness and swap ECU's.

You're looking at a 34hp increase by swapping to the 172hp Delta. A small turbo with no lag would get you more power easily for less work.

Even though you seem to disagree depending on the type of racing you intend on doing turbo cars can be among the very best. If you're dead set against a turbo get a supercharger kit and you'll run circles around any N/A Delta Tib.

If you want more power N/A from a motor swap the 3.8l Lambda V6 might be a good option. I don't see why it wouldn't fit and 268 hp is almost a hundred more than you get from the 2.7l Delta stock and almost double what the Beta makes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts