Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started upgrading the 1.6L and i have a few questions that i am still unclear about searching the forums.

I am running EvoFusion Headers straight back to a Magnaflow Muffler, a K&N cold air intake, Bosch Plat 4's(not sure if they help), and i just bought a APEXi S-AFC II and i am waiting fo ritto get here before i go Dyno Tune it.
Questions are, would changing the injectors to say stock tibby injectors and then tuning with said application be helpful or hurtful. I have read that just the injectors are bad but if itgetstuned will it run nice or still a bad idea.
I wasalos wondering about the SharkRacing ECU they offer for the 04 Accent, Would tuning my existing ECU give me the same result as theres. I'm all for saving money.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The Bosch Platinum 4`s are inferior to the stock NGK`s & tend to give trouble after a couple of thousand miles.......try NGK`s Iridium`s (sold at the Shop on this Website) they are great!.

The reason Shark Racing offer their revised ECU is that almost nobody has succeeded in re-mapping stock Hyundai units........& those that have, solder-in new EPROMS & map those!.

You will need at least a good piggy-back computer to make good use of Beta I injectors!.......(Beta II`s units are smaller).

Nick.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So would the SAFC be enough to recieve benefits from the Beta I injectors.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You wont get any benefit from these injectors. You need air AND fuel to make power and your std injectors can supply enough fuel even for a low boost turbo. You'll be wasting money!

Until your piggy back is running the injectors at above 85% duty cycle,then save your money for something that ACTUALLY makes your car faster(ie not plugs and wires(1hp) and ground kits-I'm talking cams and head work,turbo's,Throttle bodies etc)

Tuning your ecu for fuel AND spark will net some gains(think 5-10hp if done properly) either a chip,piggy back or full stand alone will net the same results. It's only when you get into monster cams or big turbos where the stock management with the piggy back cannot adjust further that full stand-alone will be worth it. Decide how far you wanna go and start from the management.

If you're not doing headwork,get a chip. If doing cams etc,get a piggy back,if going for 15psi boosted fun,go full programmable. Either way,get injectors upgraded ONLY when you cant get more fuel out of your STD ones.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Thats what i wanted to hear. I will keep you guys informed of what im gonna get done. I am sure i will need your advice again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts