Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new at this... I've been looking for some performance upgrades for the '04 soon-to-be-sports car sitting outside (kidding), has anyone had any luck with those short shifters? I'm leary to install something on my new car that might potentially cause me irritations later on, is this a safe way to go?

Other than that, any suggestions without spending big bucks would be much appreciated. I'm thinking the usual intake and possibly a exhaust of some sort, but I don't want to make my car sound like a motorcycle (no offense)-- I've already got one of those. Any one in particular seem to be the least dramatic?

I'd appreciate any feedback! Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, I would say that installing an intake wouldn't make your car sound like a motorcycle. Just free up some horses. I also have an '04, but haven't done anything to it. I am a little shy on the denero. :smoking:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Take a look over at EXD and you'll find some good info.

Getting an intake is easy, you just need to get an Accord Intake of eBay and cut it twice to make it fit (and leave room for the MAF sensor). Exhaust? Best bet is to go custom if you are looking for a precise sound. Short shifter? TWM makes a good shifter (at least that's what all the EXD guys seem to agree on). B&M makes a short shifter too, although most would suggest getting the TWM.

Good luck, and welcome to the Hyundai world, see you at EXD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well im about to order a short shifter here in the next week or two i will let you know how it goes. as far as the sound issue cai gives a nice sound you can find em in a few places like teamsr.org or sharkracing.com or make one yourself. as far a exhaust goes i would say go custom.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback, I'll check into all that. Anything else you guys got out there would be great, every little bit helps.

Anyone know anything about those dash trip kits? I know that won't make my car go faster; do they look cheesy when installed? I've found so many co's to choose from, any better than the other, if any?

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts