Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i drive 05 accent and noticed that LC has half size radiator and LC2's got full size rad so what do you guys think about LC2's going with half rad??? like using one from accent 00-02 or buy like rad for civic ???

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
your planning to run a UDP (slows the water pump down), get rid of half of your heat exchanger, and run boost? You could get it to fit, but I dont think its a good idea IMO. Is the S/c touching the radiator or something?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will explane my situation like every ones S/C set up there is intake hole for the S/C but that hole is sitting on top of exhaust manifold so i want to weld pipe and make actual intake pipe to it.. i know that everyone is cunfused but so do you really think it is not a good idea??? i'm thinking of ehter put
1.5L rad which is half size or buy aluminum half size rad from ebay like ones that is made for civic 1.6

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
atleast run your water pump at normal speed... aka no UDP. Increaseing the heat inside of the engine and cutting down your cooling by half (radiator and slowing the pump) does seem like a bad idea. I have, however, seen people run turbos with half radiators.

Try and find a better performing radiator and a better fan setup. That may help make up for the lost surface area. That and changing the coolant/water mix is also a good idea. Maybe adding some additives to help the heat transfer, like water wetter etc.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your advice problem is right now i do not have my factory crank pully anymore and now i'm running with UDP i guess my best luck would be finding good half size rad and good fan combo.. i need that space so bad.. which is where A/C fan is ...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
3 row may work but stay away from the LC half radiator. My beta swapped lc is is using the half radiator, it can and does get to hot just using the a/c in the really hot summer days.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nonono dont get me wrong i'm not trying to put ones off like civic,accent or anytthing if i'm putting new half rad it will be new and like 3row like thiker one for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts