Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, 200 miles after my Factory Warranty expired my stock clutch decided to go up in my 05 GT. The dealer said it was going to be anywhere from a 1500-2000 dollar fix. I don't have that kind of money, so it looks like I will be doing it myself. My question is: how big of a job is putting a clutch in one of these things? The mechanic at the dealership made it sound impossible, and if its like doing anything else on the V6 I can believe him. I need anyone who has had some experience putting one of these things in to help me out. Is it a couple hour job or a weekend job? Will I need to drop the tranny? Since I'm going to do this myself I also wanted to put an aftermarket Stage 1 or Stage 2 Clutch in. What is the best bang for the buck out there and where can I buy it from. I not looking for anything too extreme because I'm not hard on the car. Someone please hook me up with some advice.

·
Registered
256 Posts
it can be a weekend job if you have all the tools you will need and a buddy to help you out moving the parts arround. i did mine with a cherry picker (engine hoist) in a one car garrage and if it woulden't have been for the 03's having 2 different flywheels it would have only taken me a weekend but beleive me it is a bigger job.

i run a fidanza flywheel and a spec stage 3 clutch i would say to find a different company for a stage one or even stage 2 clutch because spec's lesser stage clutches have been known to expire quickly.

good luck on getting your clutch fixed

·
Registered
256 Posts
myspace.com/tiburonracer in my pics is one of the pics for the pull and i will try to get some more on here i had to unbolt the tranny and shift it under the frame rail to get the clearance to pull the motor out the top

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you guys ever heard of this company "F1" that sells clutches on ebay? they have a stage 1 clutch for 139.00. to be honest with you the low price scares me a little bit. do you know anybody that has tried one out?

·
Registered
256 Posts
i would suggest that you go with a name brand company like act or clutchmasters who have been building clutches for years and most of them have a warrenty. plus 4 cyl tib clutches are cheaper than the v-6 ones because they have been the same for a number of years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts