Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw the funniest **** ever last night at the races up the street...

06 mitsu eclipse brand new 47 miles on it and totally stock V6

VS.

04 dodge srt-4 with 36k miles on it and modded with intake and turbo back exhaust (no cat)

man did that eclipse rip him up something horrible.... thru 3 gears they were even, but once they got to 90mph i think they said, that mitsu hauled ass and pulled from the srt-4. i wouldnt believe it if i didnt see it with my own eyes...

[Edited by thegrim on Dec 17, 2005 1:01 PM]

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah, I heard they were about that fast. Although supposedly they really aren't that good off the line because of massive amounts of wheel spin, but with the right driver and good tires that can probably betaken care of. My buddy raced one in his '89 Supra non-turbo with a JDM engine. Took him by about a car length or so after the guy cought up after spinning thetires REALLY badly on go. If only they had AWD like in the good old days...

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this guy had his wheel spin under control... i believe if he wasnt holdin back at the start, he would have taken the srt sooner than 4th gear...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Damn... :??:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
that's almost as same as the 3.8L Lambda in the azera..and the azera can probably go head to head with the eclipse..
the sonata posted 6.6's for 0-60 so azera should be noticabley faster.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, i pdi'd a black azera yesterday, and boy would they rip a new azz in any v6 tiburon or sonata.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I drove a rental Galant at Hyundai Sunday with the 263hp 3.8l V-6 that's in the Eclipse. It was pretty quick but it was nothing phenomenal. Did do a hell of a burnout though with the traction control off. It was an automatic and I don't know how much heavier a Galant is though. I guarantee it wouldn't have given a SRT-4 any kind of run for it's money. Either that Eclipse was a factory freak, my rental was not in peak condition, or the Eclipse is waaayyyy lighter than the Galant then.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
My mistake.

Damn both cars are rediculously heavy.:ermm:

15.9lb/hp versus the Eclipse's 13.2 lb/hp. SRT-4 has 12.6lb/hp.

Either the Eclipse is severely underrated or the SRT-4 driver wasn't as good as the Eclipse's. 0.8 lb/hp is still a drivers race, but almost a pound less per hp, plus the SRT-4 being underrated, plus some mods on top of that the SRT-4 should have won. The Eclipse is surely a lot closer in quickness to the SRT-4 than to the Galant though.

[Edited by 187sks on Dec 27, 2005 12:51 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well to run a 13 with a stock srt-4, u have to use te boost hold shift at WOT feature which most people fail to realize they have or just cant do it. i'm not sure what the problem was, but as for drivers, they were both use to their car by that time. so either the headwind on the bridge claimed another victim due to drag and body design, or the srt-4 let him win... (which he wouldnt). i believe the 06 eclipse is underrated then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts