Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been to the dealership they don't know what the problem is they say. The fuel injectors are supposed to tick. They also say that they hear a much louder tick that could be a sticking value or even the harmonic balancer. Has and one had any problems like this if so what was the culprit? The car has 37000 miles on it. Witch we have only put on 1500 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you-

Hi, I had a ticking on my Accent soon after I had it serviced at a non Hyundai
wrench company:( ..apparently non Hyundai Oil filters can create issues..
After my OF" was replaced with a Hyundai OF" ...ALL WAS SILENT:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vee6 said:

Ok i will have to check that out. We have not change the oil yet but i will see what type of oil filter is under the car.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Vee6 said:
i would also look at the baffling under the vavle cover...they get bent sometimes and can create the tick...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ONLY1DB said:
yeah whats the deal...if its when you first start up its the timing tensioner and somebody at your local dealership will be happy to replace it for you...:D
I hope so i had to leave my wife with the car. Dealership said they still have no clue. It's always going on it gets louder and drops down and comes back up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealership does indeed have a clue! I had the same problem and while they were replacing my transmission they went ahead and replaced my tensioners also since they say it is a know problem with the car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DamienM3 said:
The dealership does indeed have a clue! I had the same problem and while they were replacing my transmission they went ahead and replaced my tensioners also since they say it is a know problem with the car!

The dealership said that they can now hear no sound soo they said the car is fine we will see once we drive down to FL this weekend....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem. My dealer said the same thing about the filter. It was replaced with a Hyundai one with no improvement. The knocking is getting worse and the dealer has said "Since it is under warrenty just drive it until it blows up then we will fix it." I am not very appy because this is my wifes main transportation. Does anybody have any suggestions???

Rob

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you are having the tick and your local deal won't fix it. Go to another dealer. The early 06 3.3L have a timing chain tensioner that cause the chains to rattle. This is a known issue. Depending on how many miles you have on it. You might also need chains and guides. The tensioners alow the chains to slap so much that they stretch. At the shop just this month we have replaced chains and guides on 7 cars with same problem.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I am 99.9% sure that your problem is the timing chain tensioner. The dealership is likely playing dumb because it is a pain in the ass to fix. It can be done without removing the engine but I feel that this is the only way to make sure that it is done right.

The 3.3L engines do it all the time. It isn't hurting anything. Just sounds ticky.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.