Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01, my wife totalled her car and I convinced her to get an 06 Tib. We got the Infinity 6 disk w/ sub. Question is does this car's stereo have the same dimensions as the 03 to 05? I'm almost positive it's the same, but there are a few differences in the car, so I'm not 100%. I was shopping for a touchscreen DVD in dash unit, but having some issues finding one with a guaranteed fit because the car is so new. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
from what i can tell from Crutchfield's website is that the '03 Tib has the same dimensions as the '06, but not the '05. I am not familiar with Tib's so I'm not sure what is so different with the '05. Anyway, according to their website, there are a bunch of in-dash DVD players that fit the '06. Check them out www.crutchfield.com

[Edited by mberry on Nov 21, 2005 2:57 AM]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was about to order one that said it fit, but on the order page it said Crutchfield did not recommend that product because they couldn't guarantee fitment. But it was like you said, I put in make and model, and it gave a whole list of what fit. When you try to bu it then it says it might not.

·
Registered
978 Posts
just make it fit. If it's a din and a half, then you have room for an extra pocket or eq. if's it's a double din, then you have room for a dvd player separate from the screen. If if's a din, then make sure you get the screen with the built in dvd and make sure it has video outputs to run to a video amplifier to run the screens you will end up putting in the back of the headrests since you know you will!! :) :) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts