Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
glad to see more and more every day. when I bought mine last Oct., there was hardly anything out there. Glad I'm not lonely anymore!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got mine on Friday at 5h00PM... whooaaaa I love my SR ;)

Anyone here knows how to remove the central bezel? I want to change my headunit... I have a nice Alpine waiting to take Clarion's place...

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey,
congrats on your SR.
.. i think that makes 3 of us on here with an SR Accent..
to take out the deck, i'm sure you have to remove the A/C fascia, and then pop out the carbon fiber vent piece, then theres a few screws that will take out the adapter, which holds the deck.
.. dont forget to get the adapter, or holder for your alpine, im sure their mounts vs. clarion's are different.

- matt.

·
Registered
65 Posts

took these last week or so..
w00t SR.

- matt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
nice SE..
where'd you get the Verna badge?
ebay?

decepticon,
- matt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
im thinking he wants a BLACK grille.
just take that grill piece off!
.. then let me know how you did it

- matt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
lol.. black would look good on blue..

not so sure about blue on black.

.. but hey.. mine's red.

- matt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
so true.
but i've never seen another SR on the road.
.. plus, why spend any money on the colour of every car [expecially civics].
stand out. get one of 500 cars made. get a car that the majority of people haven't seen.
i've gotten compliments, and questions.
a compliment from a cop that rolled up beside me.. "nice car. *partner nods. "yea, nice", *other cop "does it go fast? *me "should i tell you?".. *cop "i dont care, nice car man" *light turns green* *cruiser boots it off the light, and i choked on the dust.

alternate ending: *i boot it off the light, my 2.0 beta pounds, the turbo spools :rolleyes:.. cop pulls me over for racing, car = impounded.

- matt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
uhh.. i'll have to check my warranty in my glovebox... but off the top of my head, i'm pretty sure it's 38% in the front, and 98% [privacy] on the back windows including the rear window.
it took a few days to get used to the rear window being tinted, but it's good, no more xenons flashing into my eyes... + theres no issue when driving at night.. you can see everything, it's just a little dimmer.
.. makes the car look better too.

- matt.

·
Registered
65 Posts
yea, im a nasty man.
.. the rule [cop-wise] for the front windows is they have to be able to see your face/and seatbelt at all times...
anything goes in the back.
.. i haven't been pulled over *knocks on wood
... goto your tint shop and get something 'legal' in the front and go as dark as you want in the back.
.. gotta have some privacy in the back.:rolleyes:

- matt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts