Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife has 07 sonata and i just bought 03 tib 2.0 im looking for cheap upgrades for the tib already bought an intake any other suggestions and websites. i have an intake on hers to but cant find anything performance for 07 sonata 3.3 any suggestions on either would be much appreciated. thx TYLER

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i see your all real friendly to someone new to the shitty tibby world. ill figure it out on my own thx

·
Banned
59 Posts
Well, you got a pretty crappy attitude but I'll try to help you out nonetheless. ;) I agree with you, though, that responses on this forum is a bit slow for my taste. If you want faster responses, check out NewTiburon. I'm a member myself there and that forum seems more active. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Newbie section and post pictures of your new ride. You'll get a warm reception as long as you don't talk like you just did here. :D

I don't know what you mean by "cheap" mods but here are what I think are some affordable mods for the Tiburon.

(1) Cat-back exhaust. I recommend either the Injen Super SES exhaust or the Ark DT-S exhaust system. I chose the Injen one because it is a good brand (not that Ark isn't) and it was cheaper ($620.00) than the Ark system (~$900).

(2) Header. If I had more money, I would've gone for the Ark R-Spec header (~$750.00) but I bought the $300.00 Megan Racing 4-1 header from FlyRyde.

(3) Lightweight or underdrive pullies. Once again, Ark sells these too.

(4) Suspension-wise, I definitely recommend a rear sway bar. As you may already know from reading reviews of Tiburons, the car suffers from some understeer. By adding a rear sway bar, you'll reduce it enough to really feel the difference during cornering at higher speeds. It's one of my favorite upgrades I've made to my car.

I don't recommend getting the front sway bar b/c many people have reported experiencing increased understeer.

If you have the money for coilovers, then Tein makes really good ones that give you lots of control. If money is an issue, then you can go for the traditional lowering springs and dampers. The best springs for the Tiburon are ones from either H&R (TireRack sells them) or the Eibach Pro Kit springs. As for dampers, there isn't much choices. The Eibach dampers were popular but as far as I know, Eibach discontinued them. So you're left with the KYB-GR2 dampers.

Depending on how far you want to take to modding, you can also get big-bore throttle bodies, polished and ported intake manifolds, bigger fuel injections, a new clutch kit with lighter flywheel, etc.

-Optimummind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts