Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Sonata Limited with the Infinity Navigation System that I purchased in Dec 08 and it has about 1500mi on it.

I've been taken to the wrong place and directed around in circles twice by the navigation system so far and it's pretty irritating to have this problem with a new car. I got to looking at the info screens on the Nav System and discovered the maps are over a year old which explains the navigation problems.

I called Hyunda's regional product info number today and spoke with them about the problem and they directed me to the MapNSoft Company that makes the maps.

The lady at MapNSoft said that there was an updated map coming out the end of this month and that they would gladly send me one for $199 + shipping.

I called Hyundai back and talked to the same Rep again and told him that I didn't think that it was reasonable for me to have to pay over $200 with shipping to make my brand new Navigation system work correctly. He agreed and put me on hold. When he came back he said that it was Hyundai's policy that the customer would foot the bill for map updates no matter what. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said that he was the supervisor and he was very sorry that he could not be of further assistance.

Does anyone have any ideas about who to contact to get this worked out?

Jim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts