Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm on the market of buying a Sonata. Right now its either a used 08 or 09 (possibly new also since I get a huge discount). Now I've been on cardomain.com and saw alot of sick Sonatas and I really want mine to look like. The only problem is all of them are either the 06-08 body styles, which I like. But what I'm wondering is, if I get the 09 could the same bodykits and all work on the 09 from the 08?

This link shows how I would like mine to look..NICEST SONATA and the ONLY TURBO SONATA ON CARDOMAIN!! - Seoul Sucho, KR

Would I be able to get that same kit and make it look lioke that if I got a 09?

Reason why I'm asking is cause I kno the front on the 09 is a little different (grill is looks to be more taller)

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I'm not sure if the body kit will be interchangeable through the redesign but the typical answer is no, at least not without changing to the previous body style's headlights or other body pieces. The Car Domain link isn't working right now (they say a server error might be the problem) so I don't know what kit it is but the odds are pretty good that there will be one for the 09 style eventually. The Sonata is Hyundai's best selling car so there are a fair amount of appearance upgrades for it.

For 09 IMO the interior is much nicer, the exterior is better looking, and both available engines got a bump in power. I would go for the 09 myself, but a smoking deal on an 08 would be tempting also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I love the 09 style of the interior and the exterior is real nice to I was just hoping that I would be able to get the similiar kit or hope they make that bodykit for the 09 cause I love the look of it

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
all i have to say is good luck. note his location. he is in seoul. which means he has all the hyundai parts in the world. we dont have much here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know I'm about a month behind on this post but the '09 is freakin sweet! My mom got a '09 limited at the end of April and it's an awsome car. Even though she won't pimp it out but it's still a nice ride none the less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me know if you find the answer to your body kit question, I've been wondering the same thing about it.
Especially when it comes to chrome accessories like headlights, tail lights, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts