Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys on here have probably heard this a million times. im not very good with the jargon you use and im from the uk as well so i dont know how different your engine set up is but heres the story

I have a 1997 Hyundai accent coupe i (x3) and i want to put a hyundai coupe (1997) 2 litre dohc engine into it.

I have the engine, gearbox, clutch and all sensors.
I am looking to pick up a loom and ecu soon (if anyone has one i am looking to buy)

is there any step by step guide on here? any hints or tips?

i have heard there is an engine mount problem with the passenger side top mount am i right? if so howdo i solve this?

Any info at all on this would be much appreciated

Cheers

Danny:)

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Yes sir, it is.:)

Came in 1.6l, 1.8l, and 2.0l versions in the UK. You'll generally want the 2.0l but the 1.8l is a good option also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alrready got me greasey mitts on the 2 litre :)

Well i think ill print off alot of the info on here n give it a whirl. can i scrap the cruise control too? as my x3 doesnt have it but the "beta" does

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Yeah, it's unnecessary. You can just not hook it up and be fine. If it bothers you you can buy a big bore throttle body without cruise control on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool that sound slike a plan.

the accent loom i have already, can i plug the coupe ecu into it, and just replace the sensors to go into the coupe or do i need a whole new loom? thats one part of the hybrid thread that confused me. as some people said its plug n play, some say change EVERYTHING and some say piggyback it

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I'm not 100% positive on the X3, I have a 2003 LC2 and know a bit more about it. From what I remember there is a production date cutoff and before that you can plug a Beta ECU into your harness and run the engine, after then you need to either run the Beta off of your ECU or splice the Beta ECU harness into your harness.

You can run a standalone also but most people don't unless they're making big mods to the engine or going forced induction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts